Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's brilliant. Ought to sell well, I suspect.

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Bakelite beads restrung and with more recent 9ct clasp, 925 and red coral earrings. 50pence each from weekend rummage/jumble sale.
    ~ 79D4558C-E15E-419B-ADE9-B9CC11356CBA.jpeg

3. Ownedbybear

A find indeed. My friend next door gave me a bag of random costume jewellery to either keep or charity shop. In amongst them were these two. I told her, of course. She, knowing I love my bling, said I should keep them. Gone in the Hoard. W60A.jpg W60B.jpg W61A.jpg W61B.jpg

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

6. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

She is a real friend:joyful: As you are to her;):)
    Charming gifts, my fav is the "lucky" one!

7. Ownedbybear

She isn't sure if they belonged to her mother or her Auntie Bridie. (ALL Irish families have an Auntie Bridie.) I think they're delightful: the seed pearl one is 15 carat gold and the little Good Luck one is hallmarked for 1904, from memory.

8. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Your friend is a true one :) As you are to her;):joyful:
    Charming gifts, my fav is the "lucky" one!

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

both are sweet.....I'd wear the good luck one..!!! :happy:

10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These are a few pieces I picked up from an auction a couple of weeks ago. I am going to post a couple of the pieces for additional help. :happy::happy:

An engraved hand blown scent bottle (5 5/8" tall) with a monogram & a date of October 12, 1911.
    [​IMG]
    A pair of amber cut to clear scent bottles. (8" & 6 1/4" tall)
    [​IMG]
    A pair of Sabino opalescent scent bottles (6 3/8" tall) sold by Irice. The one has a price sticker from a department store here in Columbia. The original price of $15.00 is cross ed out & it is marked down to $7.50. I do not know if that was for both bottles or just the one. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    A Salviati Murano etched vs. engraved scent bottle. (5 3/8" tall)
    [​IMG]
    A pair of matching cut crystal talcum vanity jars. (4 3/4" tall)
    [​IMG]
    A amber cut to clear crystal trinket / powder jar with S.B. Lodge 1827? engraved on the bottom. (3 1/8" to the top & 4 3/8" across bottom)
    [​IMG]

11. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Definitely NOT Sabino!

12. bercrystal

Why do you say that?

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  13. wiscbirddog

I have a very large collection of Sabino. Unless you can find the Sabino mark to show me?

kyratango likes this.
  14. wiscbirddog

i need help, kyratango and cxgirl like this.
  15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Wow, there are some drop dead gorgeous pieces of glass in that link wiscbirddog, thanks for posting it:) I've never found a piece of Sabino glass, hoping to one day!

16. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

some beautiful pieces, love those matching vanity jars:)

17. bercrystal

@wiscbirddog

Are there other glass makers in France that do this type of glass? The Irice labels on the bottom state the bottles were produced in France.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Yesterday's find. Lousy image, this is what happens when I try to take a shot in bad lighting with my computer glasses on, but the locket is true mourning jet and the beads are glass. It's a 52 pickup case, but not beyond my abilities to put back together.
    DSCF0970.JPG

19. wiscbirddog

@bercrystal

Think I found them on international eBay for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WALTERSPER...=item4b5ba4c66b:g:1lkAAOSwzaJX~lIi:rk:14:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/c-1930s-FR...=item4b5769cb45:g:qFoAAOSwGPNcC9DM:rk:16:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WALTERSPER...=item3a925ab7b4:g:TN0AAMXQR4FRlZ5M:rk:17:pf:0

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  20. bercrystal

@wiscbirddog

Thank you so much for setting me straight on these bottles. I had never heard of Waltersberger, but after reading a little about the company & the fact that I collect perfume bottle you would think I should have at least had a notion they exist. :oops::oops::oops:

They have been around since 1916 & are supposedly one of the largest producers of perfume bottles. My only defense is they likely make bottles more for commercial type bottles & I collect the decorative ones that came empty. :rolleyes::rolleyes::shame::shame:

I did find several bottles, including one that was fitted with an atomizer, but none of the bottles I found had the gold decoration like these.

Draft saved Draft deleted