Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

More, the shell one looks like old teeth! 735A104B-C1C5-47CA-A933-69A33A186C19.jpeg

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The heart may be jade. The grey beads are coated but I only wanted half of the gold clasp. The green /black millefiori is the nicest, 635C61ED-D685-472F-A2BF-5C20162CE2F2.jpeg bought for £1

3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Found these last week, 4 cranberry boxes used for many years by a grower in my town on Cape Cod. The cranberry scoop was made by him around the 1950s. He made them and sold them to other growers for about $120 each. I bought these from his son who told me Ocean Spray wanted to order 200 scoops from his father. He said no, he didn't want to go into manufacturing.

CranberryBoxes.jpg CranberryScoop.jpg

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I am just catching up here on this thread and saw the phone video. Hilarious.
    I have a light blue vintage rotary phone (not princess) in my kitchen .. the kind that sits on the table. And a black princess phone, but not rotary, it has buttons, that needs a part so that a person can speak into it and be heard.

How I wanted a princess phone when I was a kid. No dice.

I am seeing lots of lovelies here.

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Pearls,
    I will look in my notes. I used this guy to replace several parts in my old phones. he was very reasonable and knew exactly what I needed. I think it was old phones works.com.
    greg

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've always called these "random rock" necklaces. They may have been purchased in Scotland, but they were sold all over North America too. Back in the mid-1980s every adult female had at least one, especially the multicolored ones. They're made from assorted agates and often jasper too. Some have names. The shell necklaces could be a fair bit older.

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Those coasters are kind of kinky!!!:joyful:

i need help, kyratango and johnnycb09 like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's a shame. You can just smell the quality on that thing !!
    The scoop is not only practical...it's beautiful.
    I'll bet the ones he did make....stood the test of time and are likely still with the families they were made for......:):)

11. evelyb30

The phrase "cold, dead hands" comes to mind - can't say I blame anyone who owns one. You couldn't pry it away from me either.

i need help and komokwa like this.
  12. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    kyratango likes this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

kyratango likes this.
  14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Starting off with 12 small cloisonne hair combs,one of those "just because they were pretty " buys!
    [​IMG]
    Murano clown dish
    [​IMG]
    Nasa souvenier ,yall know how I love it!
    [​IMG]
    Match holder(?) and behind it is a dunhill lighter missing the match
    [​IMG]
    Who knows what this is!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old shaving razor,I thought the tin was neat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

What are the dimensions of the antler piece?

16. johnnycb09

2x 1/2 .Not counting the point thingie. :)

kyratango likes this.
  17. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Discovered a Stuart Abelman signed mushroom. Earlier 1995 piece, not one of his iridescent ones, but I have a thing for art glass. IMG_1624.jpg IMG_1625.jpg IMG_1626.jpg

18. johnnycb09

19. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Cloisonné or painted on enamel? I bought this small vase (4+ inches) as a learning tool. Perhaps it will be impossible to see from the pictures whether it is cloisonné, or painted enamel or resin. I'm hoping you can give me some feedback. It cost very little, so I can donate it back when I am done. At first I thought it was painted on resin until I saw the damage in picture 3 (in the middle part of the large petal) that looks like glass. Any help would be appreciated. IMG_1628.jpg IMG_1630.jpg IMG_1636.JPG

20. evelyb30

Ginbari enamel, looks like. I'm a sucker for it too.

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted