Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing! Certainly possible. Here's a 1919 reference in Le Figaro.

LE CADEAU A LA MODE Un cadeau à la mode, cette année, porte la signature du Pavillon d'Antin 25, Boulevard Haussmann. Il n'y a que l'embarras du choix, depuis le parfum en vogue jusqu'au meuble de boudoir élégant, en passantpartoute la série des sacs, trousses, flacons, brûle-parfums^nécessaires, les plus jolis et les plus tentants.

Debora

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    kyratango, Fid and Bronwen like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Merci beaucoup! Nice reference: I did some digging, and found a few references. The style is right for the date, too.

kyratango likes this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Wow so nice to see everyone finds.
    Y'all are doing nice with treasure hunting.

kyratango likes this.
  4. Kevin Meade

Kevin Meade Well-Known Member

Found this Foo Dog at my friends house. He had it sitting on the floor and said he had no shelf space for it. He let me buy it for a reasonable price and it came home with me.
    These are often found in pairs but this one is a lone wolf besides the baby under the paw.(lone foo dog:D)At 13" long x 16" high it weighs 19lbs:oops:. Heavy little fella.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  5. Signage freak

Signage freak Member

Found this at a store last week. Probably 1940s or 50s era.
    8BBF50B2-5D78-4905-9108-4200F139B4A7.jpeg

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's always a good idea to list dimensions .....when showing......pretty much anything...
    It's a rear view mirror...right ?

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Or meant to go on the passenger's sun visor?

8. Signage freak

Signage freak Member

Yes and yes! Either really. I assumed it would be pretty obvious, unless you’re not from this planet.

cxgirl likes this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

10. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on the blue beads, I had no idea. Japanese jewellery is something I will check out.

11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You Brits probably get tons of Czech, Italian and other Continental beads. We Americans got the Japanese ones. I have a few similar kicking around somewhere.

Houseful and Bronwen like this.
  12. Bronwen

Seems obvious to me that it went on the passenger side visor at a time when it was assumed the driver would be a man and the passenger a woman. Can't imagine Buick giving a man this Mirror, mirror on the wall treatment. But I'm from Venus.

13. Bronwen

OK. Got mine set up to the point that I can bring up the program to starting point of saying it is initializing, and when I plug in the device it lights up & is recognized by the device manager. However. The device manager says device needs trouble shooting; trouble shooter can't find the problem. Meanwhile, in order to initialize the program, I'm being told device has to be plugged in. Have plugged, unplugged, rebooted. Simply cannot get the device & driver to find one another. Anything to suggest while I work on getting an answer from manufacturer? Not too surprising for a gadget that doesn't really come with operating instructions, just what to do in the event of various error messages. Maybe the Chinese text is more comprehensive.

Device manager knows it is a camera; camera program also finds no camera anywhere.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Are you using windows? It might be blocked by your security.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-can-not-find-or-start-the-camera

Bronwen likes this.
  15. Bronwen

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  16. Bronwen

This seems to be the problem, Windows not allowing me to use some of the driver files because it can't read or doesn't trust them. A couple do not have all the associated info about where they came from, so they may be the problem. Drill down in device manager & you get:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  17. i need help

That’s the extent of what I have found. Sadly, I’m terrible with these things. Maybe @Jivvy or @sabre123 can help.

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  18. Bronwen

Thanks to you too. I have written to company, described problem, mentioned what seems to be the problem & asked whether I should download the drivers instead of using the CD provided. As it is you have to fix various things in the application before you can get it to work at all. I was so chuffed when it looked like it was starting up, then, maddeningly, told the microscope was not plugged in when it was all lit up. Ain't the digital world grand?

19. i need help

Like many things, it’s a Blessing and a Curse! ;)

Bronwen likes this.
  20. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I just plugged mine in for the first time in eons. The picture editing program that it used to work with now doesn't agree with it. windoze recognizes it as a webcam. Wants it to do videos. So I pulled it up on the screen and pushed 'print screen sysrq' to capture the image and pasted it into the pic program.
    [​IMG]

Jivvy and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted