Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I still only see 2, & their shadows.

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think in the photo showing signatures, it seems turned where the bent part is on the right. The next photo it’s standing on bent part, so I think that’s maybe the assumption. :wacky: Or not.

3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

In theory, that box suctions onto the back of your phone. In reality, the suction cups add grip, but not so much "suction" (note: I do have a non-slick case on my phone, so that's part of the problem... but not all of it).

Which I actually prefer -- there's enough friction to keep things from sliding apart, but no need to "unstick" when you're done.

I don't know what NFC is, so... there was some other "I-don't-know-what-that-is" requirement for your phone, but fortunately, there was also an app (from the android play store) to check the requirement.

Be sure to read all the info on Amazon or wherever -- there are limits to which of these work with what.

i need help likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

one on each corner.....thank you Johnny !
    Who in their right mind would only put 2 feet on a 4 corner base...
    whether that's even the base...or not..!

Sheeesh !! :banghead::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Maybe Robson, there’s a William Robson in the UK that does fused art glass.

johnnycb09, Jivvy and i need help like this.
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice everyone.

I picked up a Vintage MIJ Christmas Elf knee hugger today and at another sale a pair of Vintage Kitchen Witches Salt and Pepper Shakers. The person collected shakers but most were new and not items that would sell.
    Terrible estate sale runners didn't display the shakers properly for sale. Some were tossed in a big cardboard box. I found mine in a display case, so they were more protected.

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I need to get some pictures. Today, the first four tag sales, scattered pillar to post and requiring me to get up Too Darned Early were all dry wells. One I stopped at on impulse on the way home... paydirt. Spent the only money I pulled out all day. First, a Jasper Conran Waterford bowl for a buck - need to research it. Second, Waterford earrings (who knew they made earrings?) for $2. Plus some Native American earrings and a necklace that'll probably land in the scrap pile. Plus a few mistakes, but they didn't cost much. The proceeds were going into a scholarship fund for women pursuing Phds. Spent $30.

I also found out at the 925-1000 site is MISERABLE on a tablet.

9. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

As usual, have not been keeping up with the thread...so just wanted to tell everyone.."ya done good"!

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yesterday - one of the finds.

S34A.jpg S34C.jpg S34B.jpg

11. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

@Bronwen @Aquitaine My microscope has turned flukey as heck and now I can't get it to work. In conversation with seller. Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure it's going back. :hungover:

Bronwen and Aquitaine like this.
  12. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Bakersgma likes this.
  13. Ownedbybear

A clue. ;) It is about 1750 years old, possibly a little more.

moreotherstuff and Bronwen like this.
  14. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

A shard of Roman glass?

Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like x-mas candy...........

pearlsnblume likes this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Yup! Two sherds of Roman glass, about third century. I'd bought some bits from the seller, said I collected glass and he fished out a whole box of dig finds.

17. evelyb30

Silver bezels here they come?

Bronwen likes this.
  18. Ownedbybear

Indeed. I'm thinking along those lines. ;)

pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  19. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Hello Folks,

Found this early Brush McCoy frog at an antique mall for a reasonable price so it came home with me!

brush mccoy froggy.jpg

20. evelyb30

Yesterday's stuff. Not the best shot, but it'll do. The black necklace is coral. The glass ones are opaque Czech and signed Vendome. There are two modern Native American pair of earrings, three sterling bangles and some other odds and ends. The junk and scrap aren't shown.

DSCF0003.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted