Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

We used to have a microscope that would display on our pc.

So annoying that the software stopped being recognised on one of the many windows releases.

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

That figurine .. LOVE IT !!! .. Joy.

rhiwfield and i need help like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Found these in a house call on Tuesday. I'm still paying for it physically, MS plus some other problems are playing footie with me as the pitch, but these are cool. It's a box of 23 out of 24 books of matches from NBC Radio's Monitor show. It ran from the mid-50s until the mid-70s. DSCF9991.JPG

4. Kevin Meade

Kevin Meade Well-Known Member

WoW....that's the ICP logo!!(Insane Clown Posse)
    :bored:;):confused:
    [​IMG]

pearlsnblume and anundverkaufen like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

@Jivvy I could really use one of these. Started looking at them on eBay, realized it would be good to have a recommendation. What brand/model is yours?

6. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

@Bronwen I'll link you to the exact one (I went with "wireless" because the cable is not something that will work with my phone) : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079BQSPDZ/

I have found that the app for the Samsung Galaxy Android is a bit dicey -- works fine at times, big black screen at others (something that is mentioned in reviews). I'm currently talking with seller to see about sorting this. Seller has been good at responding, but we have different native tongues, so that leads to a bit of confusion. This is very very VERY true about the "manual" and "instructions" as well. :D

Lucille.b, Figtree3, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  7. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I don't need one of those, but I want one.

8. Bronwen

I don't have a smart phone, I would be hooking up to a PC. In looking at them a little, see they work with a camera program. My computer is fairly new; checked, & it does have camera software already on it. I have wireless capability, but after having had to reinstall my wireless enabled printer again & again, think because there are so many other signals in the air all around, gave up & put on the ethernet cable.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Yeah, just following their description is both amusing & challenging. Does this let you take the equivalent of a snapshot? Or do you do that by saving a screenshot? Have you tried the measuring function? That is potentially very useful to me too.

10. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Yes, you can take a snapshot (or a video!). When using the phone, it's a software tap. When using the computer (windows only), there's a physical button on the side of the microscope you can click. I think you can also do a software click, but I may be mis-remembering that.

If you don't need WiFi, they have a cabled version that's $20 -- I think it's the exact same microscope: https://www.amazon.com/Jiusion-Magnification-Endoscope-Microscope-Compatible/dp/B06WD843ZM/

There are way more expensive ones on the market. I bought "cheap" after reading reviews by an art museum type chap who recommended that there was no real reason to go expensive.

Christmasjoy, Bronwen and i need help like this.
  11. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

A few little things I found...
    Garlic Keeper , love his face!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Squirrel planter,Im going to use it as a caddy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Weird fused glass thing.The colors caught my eye,cant figure out the siggie!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Bronwen

Thanks so much! Noticed a little red button on the side & wondered if that wasn't sort of like a shutter button. It's mainly cameos I need to see & photograph with this kind of detail, so video capability may not get much of a workout, but why didn't I know about these sooner?! Thanks again. :happy:

13. evelyb30

The fused glass thingie is either a business card holder or napkin holder, depending on size. The siggie looks like Raboom.

komokwa likes this.
  14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Ive tried every name variation I can think of Evelyb. I thought napkin holder as well,but the feet are on a side that makes it sit flat.Its 5 inches across,2 high.Of course google images isnt giving me diddly! Sure has made researching a chore instead of fun.

15. evelyb30

Business cards then - some are postcard size or closer to it.

komokwa, johnnycb09 and Figtree3 like this.
  16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the feet are on the wrong side.....i guess to show off the design....:happy:

i need help likes this.
  17. Bronwen

It has only 2 feet. Does it sit flat or is it tilted up a little?

18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it has 4......the last pic shows shows them on each end..

Bronwen likes this.
  19. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

So, @Jivvy, that smaller rectangular 'box' suctions onto the back of your phone??? Does that mean you need NFC turned ON?? I have the exact looking microscope (different brand) that works with my computer, but wireless looks good....didn't see that offered when I got mine a couple of years ago.....

i need help likes this.
  20. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

On the fused glass thingie.....I would have thought Napkin holder!! But the feet throw things off.........

Bronwen and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted