Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Hey...from the sound of it.....I was thinking...go for the Gold !!
    You could always put them back on the floor at a later date.....
    Just sayin.....;):):)

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

There can be a big difference between asking & getting.

Christmasjoy, kentworld and popsycat like this.
  3. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

4. popsycat

Sold lots of Ola Gorie in my time. If I remember correctly and this is off the top of my old head, she started about the sixties seventies. Her parents ran the business and she sent them designs. When it took off, she returned to the business. I have been retired a long time, but had an antique shop in Scotland, so saw lots of Scottish jewellery. The jewellery to look out for is Alexander Ritchie Iona. Look up Alexander and Euphemia Ritchie, Iona.

5. popsycat

Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  6. popsycat

yes

7. popsycat

Good find. This is what inspires the passion, or in my daughters words the madness.

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous.:)

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Brad, those tables are a riot. Especially the deliberately made to look "shabby chic" --in the link on sale for $2,200, wow. They must have very, very nice construction under the distressed exterior. I do think this look/style of rough and shabby is a style that has a shelf life and may not be popular in a few years so probably best to sell sooner. You are bound to make a good profit no matter what you do. Thanks for sharing those!

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If you got them for cheap, just don't sell them for cheaper! I'm betting they'll sell in the store, especially if you put a printout with them of what they are/were selling for new. It's amazing how things become more attractive when the original price was in the silly money range.

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Sold the smallest one already today. If I sell these quickly for what I have them priced, I will be happy. Over $450.00 on a $35.00 investment is good profit any day of the week. I did print out the price on the one I could find and placed it in the drawer. Have had one inquiry on facebook about it already. Of the three, I would be most happy to have the black one left. It is the only one I have any personal affinity for. Should it sell as well, I will be equally happy to be done with it. ;)

12. popsycat

Really pleased for you.

13. evelyb30

One down, two to go!

Today was a good score day. Bad walking day, bad temper day, but good score day. I normally don't get cranky, but if tired enough and the MS is creaking and I'm pushed.... One score came from an estate sale where they didn't think much of me, or anyone but themselves really. (Don't lean on my car, don't walk on the lawn, etc) They had all of the "new and improved" fancy pants house upstairs - all white and chrome. All the old stuff and the jewelry were in basement right where you walked in. I didn't even try to take the stairs, the MS wasn't having any, and scored a rhinestone pin in desperate need of a clean, a loose opal, and two pieces of funny looking pottery. Except they're only funny looking if you didn't know the name - they sold me HEREND Chung Vert for $10 the pair. One has a chip in the lid, but who cared. My cousin is getting it for Christmas.(LOL)

Elsewhere, I found a 14k white gold heart I think the sellers thought was sterling. It almost came with some seriously nice silver earrings I should have kept in my hand. Someone took a 5-finger discount. I did snag the mezuzah pendant. DSCF9728sm.jpg DSCF9729.JPG DSCF9740.JPG The find of the day was a real unicorn. I've never seen one of these bread baskets yet that was anything but silverplate...until now!

The estate sale from heck from Friday wasn't much better today. Parking was a zoo, and there was zero handicapped parking available. Luckily I held out and finally got a spot near the house when it opened up. Those little candle sticks are solid silver, no weighting, for about $20. Not to be melted - those are Israeli sterling Sabbath candlesticks with a maker's name.

kyratango, wenna, AJefferson and 13 others like this.
  14. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That was a much better day than yesterday!!

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the candle sticks are lovely......what's with the pen and ink well ???

i need help likes this.
  16. evelyb30

The inkwell is full - it's marked Pelikan West Germany on the bottom, not horribly old. I bought it for the pen, which doesn't have a mark to its name but feels older than dirt. I'll probably keep the ink for myself and dunk my own pens in it if it's still good.

17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I like that bread basket!

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  18. evelyb30

Thanks. It's damaged, but as far know the base isn't weighted. That's going to be a nice payday.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  19. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Not come across these makers, I really like the enamelled pieces, thanks Popsycat.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  20. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I've never seen one that wasn't silver plate, either. (I probably wouldn't even have bothered to check.)

Nice find! Can you tell who made it?

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted