Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Ahh L.S.M. 406 Boat/ship?

2. mymysharona43

[​IMG]

3. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

LSM 400 was a naval ship stationed in Chile.
    At first I thought your sculpture said 406, which would have been stationed on the Canadian River. Perhaps this is a native Chilean carving given to each member of the ship, commemoratively? Just a WAG

4. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

LOL. 406....commemorative sculpture of beaver by Native American Canadian tribe, maybe?

5. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

Sharona -
    Kinh is a clan name in Vietnam. could be the artist. I would look around the Southeast Asian theater for this.- cheers

mymysharona43 likes this.
  6. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

I think the LSM-406 was named the Canadian River in the 50's as a reserve ship - in the 40's it was probably in the South Pacific.

7. mymysharona43

Thanks thats what I was thinking prize/trophy for some kind of event or contest?

8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think the marks on the monkey are Vietnamese. If it's old enough, it could be a French military souvenir. The ceramic lion is my favorite piece; dunno as he's worth much, but it's a cat. The two in the top right are Italian souvenir jewelry. The jade and the MOP drops in Chinese... check for marks. Those could easily be gold. The rings could be anything. Top center black looks like Austrian work. No way to know whose. That center tree looks like Gerry's or something similar; they're pretty common. If you get lucky and hit a Trifari one they can be worth a good bit.

10. mymysharona43

Thanks Bev the jade earrings are 14k just not sure of the quality of the jade....The lion is enamel and part of he name is very faint on a raised small tag on back, can't figure it out. The horse is Danecraft and the rings are both silver. The tree with green stones is Hedy the wide gold one is signed Rafaelian, the rest unsigned

11. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

>Engraving on board,<
    >Innsbruck Castle Courtyard by Albrecht Dürer, 1495<

I have a print of this same picture bought new in 1964 when in Innesbrook. Mine is 14" x 11." On the back is printed "Penn Prints, N.Y." and "No 182 Durer - Courtyard of Innesbruck Castle." I'm surprised yours is an engraving on wood.

This print is known as both "Courtyard of the Former Castle in Innsbruck with Clouds" and "Courtyard of Innesbruck Castle." It was originally a watercolor. He did 2 watercolors of the same courtyard. One was with clouds and the other was "Courtyard of the Former Castle in Innsbruck without Clouds."

http://www.durerart.com/Watercolors/Castle-Innsbruck-Clouds.html
    http://www.durerart.com/Watercolors/Castle-Innsbruck-Without-Clouds.html

--- Susan

12. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

elarnia likes this.
  13. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Love your stash. Is that two micromosaic pins in the upper right?
    greg

14. susie

susie Member

15. mymysharona43

Hi Greg
    Thanks! they're mosaics but not micro

16. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I found this painting at an antique store and I loved it. It's oil on board with a nice frame. I believe it's from the late 1800s to early 1900s. It's signed S.L.T in the lower right hand corner in red. On the reverso, it's also signed S.L.T and B.P Thompson with the month of March too.

SKCCOAST and moreotherstuff like this.
  17. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

Sharona,

Love that carved monkey with peaches. Probably carved in Southeast Asia as others suggested and dating to the first half of the 20th C.

18. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Boy that would have been great, and would love to be wrong!
    I bought it because of the back of of the board looks "seasoned" (correct term?), or just aged, which looks about 1890 to my untrained eye. That would match the url I found referencing the date, which, of course, I cannot seem to find in my History now.

19. mymysharona43

Thanks Nuff hoped you chime in on him, I think he's pretty neat! He's kind of got a unusual look for monkey, just looks a little mean? South Asia is the consensus
    Would love to find out more about the label but may not terribly important, Im not sure

20. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Just bought 11 of these Bertoia chairs for $10.00 each.
    $_57.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted