Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Today was my day to find Perfume Bottles. Found 3 Shalimar and 2 L'air du Temps. The Shalimar are all signed differently. The Large one 6" is signed Baccarat, The Medium is signed Cristal Romesnil, and the small one is signed Lalique. The 2 L'air du Temps are both signed Lalique. Not sure if I should clean them out or not. I guess I would just soak them in Alcohol inside. The two L'air are clean, but the Shalimar have perfume residue,

Commercial perfume bottle collectors like it when the bottles have the original fragrance inside. Sell the bottles as found.

afantiques and spirit-of-shiloh like this.
  2. susie

susie Member

I am fairly new to the boards so will be catching up and will help where i can. These are just stunning- i felt myself coming over all green with envy for a moment!

3. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

After a bit of digging, it appears this old buckle found yesterday at a yard sale is U.S. Navy "Civil War" era. I think it's gilt-brass, 1850s or 60s ???

I know next to nothing when it comes to military items, so not sure if this piece is of the period or a repro.

NAVY BUCKLE 001-001.JPG NAVY BUCKLE 002-001.JPG NAVY BUCKLE 003-001.JPG NAVY BUCKLE 004-001.JPG

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it's a repro.

5. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

First time posting a few "finds". Will probably post separate threads in Art and Jewelry too. These are some learning pieces for me, outside of my norm.

Engraving on board, I believe from an 1890 folio of notable Euro architecture, from looking online. Anyone know the location? Seller said Bruges, Belgium, but have not found a similar image.

And a parure set, just costume? And a plastic (?) necklace. I assume all of these are not worth anything? No marks and don't know where to research first.
    ENGRAVING 1890 5 500.JPG JEWELRY BLACK PARURE PLUS NECKLACE MOMS 500.JPG

FunkeysFinds and cxgirl like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Holy moley that was fast! Thank you!

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Good question. The parure might be something, but we'll need better pictures. The black beads could be glass, plastic, or maybe even jet if they're old enough. Can't see from here, and I still may not know even close up. It looks like a 1970s Czech glass piece, but if the hardware is replaced it could be anything.

9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It came up in a Google image search. It looked familiar and I think someone in my family might have visited and has travel photos. (or I'm just imagining the whole thing:woot:)

10. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Man, I tried the Google image search and other searches too including the word Courtyard...so thanks!

11. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Evelyn, since I am fairly new: should I start a Jewelry thread, or post better pics here?

12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Happy, if it was me I would start a jewelry thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the finds thread.

13. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Thanks CX, will do so as soon as I get better pics uploaded.

14. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I'm a happy camper - Gift from a friend.

Pairpoint plateau mirror. Mirror is 12". 1900ish? Style number 2857. Camera batteries conked out before I could take some of the marks. It's the middle mark on the 925 site.

http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_P.html

plateau 004.JPG

FunkeysFinds, rro2000 and Messilane like this.
  15. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Susan,
    I loved my silver trumpet vase. Kept three 4' white Football Mums in it. I was lucky to have a 10ft pier mirror with a small shelf near the bottom. The vase and Mums looked great.
    greg

707susang likes this.
  16. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

That's beautiful!

I think this is Hawaiian but not certain
    Hinh? Eai or iang ?
    Little dab of jewelry
    That jewelry's addicting Nuff! Fabulous finds for one weekend!
    Thanks Nuff, Kids will be ok after the road bumps I hope....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Happy, double check that the Albrecht Dürer piece is from a folio and not the real thing. A few years ago, someone showed up on the Antiques Road Show with an Albrecht Dürer that they thought was a reproduction and it turned out to be the real deal valued at $50,000.

Glad to hear everyone was okay after that accident.

mymysharona43 likes this.
  18. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

Sharona, that is a very interesting sculpture. Can't read the signature but I would definitely do further research if I were you.....how big is it?

19. mymysharona43

I have been trying to figure it out without much luck yet
    It is 12 inches tall
    Could be Kiinh or k there's 2 dots above the i & n? Then the second Eaing?
    Thanks Millcove, their ok, son in law hit the steering wheel he's still a bit soar but the rest are ok but frustrated

20. mymysharona43

I don't get any hits on L.S.M. 400

Draft saved Draft deleted