Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Did a house clearance Monday and Tuesday, found stacks of stuff, but not had time to photograph much as yet.

Got these three bayonets, the longest is a WWI German Fire Officers dress bayonet, its 27 inches long and more like a sword.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

2. daveydempsey

I pulled over 1000 old postcards from this house, some 120 years old, should be interesting when I`ve sorted them.
    I will be doing some give away`s soon.

Here`s three from the 20`s and 40`s that I doubt would be printed these days.

img067.jpg

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Yikes ! These reminds me of the time I went to a little town called Waldo Fl that has a huge flea market ,and in a case were,I kid you not,KKK memorabalia ! This was only a few years ago,I couldnt believe it !

daveydempsey likes this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol johnny:) You found some great stuff!

Wow on that many postcards:)Any seasonal postcards? They do well on ebay.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Davey - I want all of those postcards! I'm not kidding! :bigtears::greedy::wideyed:

kyratango, Figtree3 and daveydempsey like this.
  6. daveydempsey

most are between 1898 and 1936.
    Street scenes, monuments, villages, Boer War, military, Disney, Mabel Lucie Atwell, Cats, etc etc

7. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

@johnnycb09

The small dish isn't Orrefors, it is Flygsfors "Coquille" Designed by Paul Kedelv

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

too bad there are no Halloween or Christmas cards but it sounds like a good selection of cards. Some of the Atwell cards do well on their own.
    I stand corrected, you do have 1 Christmas card in the group above - not traditional but still desirable.

9. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Thanks Greg, I’ve had a bit of a go as it lays using a wooden cocktail stick, a bit has come off but needs more persuasion! I was going to use bicarbonate mixed with either white vinegar or lemon juice but think I will try the Vaseline first as it seems less invasive.

10. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Thanks, he’s difficult to buy for as I can’t afford the Clarice Cliff but he likes this.

11. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I think those should sell quite well.

daveydempsey likes this.
  12. daveydempsey

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Oh Davey...U bin busy !!;)
    Good for you !!!! :happy::happy:

( i see the snow didn't slow u down !!!! ) :playful::playful:

14. daveydempsey

Yeah, in the last week I`ve had my Dads new place decorated, carpeted and got him moved in, done a big house clearance, driven a truck and today I`m sorting the stuff.

15. daveydempsey

Got a full deck of these, they were made by Thomas De La Rue our banknote printer
    Made around 1925, the swastika is a good luck symbol before the Nazis adopted it.

20180301_004522.jpg

20180301_004526.jpg

20180301_004540.jpg

16. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

I have been to Spooner WI many times!

17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I believe Black Memorabilia remains highly collectible!!!!! I only have 4 or 5 items, 2 of which I posted here some time ago......

daveydempsey and kyratango like this.
  18. Rastella

Rastella Everything is figureoutable.

Love the phone! I have my grandmother's faux antique phone from the late 1960's/early 1970's. I remember her getting it to replace her real antique phone that was taken during a house burglary.

19. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

I am a bit dumbfounded to admit I've just now found this thread....fun! at least it will keep me busy for awhile.

@johnnycb09 The horse's ass is great, also the lamps. I have quite a few of the hanging ones in various colors - try a contrasting CFL bulb (red or purple maybe) - walmart/target/lowes & other stores carry them, at about $5 not cheap but such an awesome effect.

@daveydempsey - love the postcards and playing cards, although the latter gave me a start at first (I have a small collection of medals etc from that 'other' group, but they stay tucked away in a box).

Recently lost over 9,000 photos and haven't shopped in seemingly forever but will add a post soon =D

cxgirl and johnnycb09 like this.
  20. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

OMG,thank you so much ! I had researched it yet,I just assumed orrefors. Thats awesome!

Draft saved Draft deleted