Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Talk about heartsick ! I found 6 of these for $1 a stem,she packed them so carefully in bubble wrap no less,and as I walked into the house I set them on the porch rail,where they promptly fell off and landed on the only piece of concrete within 30 feet. I almost cried.
    [​IMG]

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Oh no!!!!! :(

johnnycb09 and kyratango like this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

:banghead::banghead::bigtears::(:eek::eek::eek:

johnnycb09 and KingofThings like this.
  4. aaroncab

5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

First of all, I am awfully sorry about those glasses! As they say, "It happens..."

As for the birds, yes, indeed - the STAND was made in China, not the bird.

It turns out that the label under it says THAI blue & white porcelain. The word THAI is sort of squished down into the base:

img0 (138).jpg

6. aaroncab

Pretty sure Murano - sommerso threaded perfume bottle with dauber intact - big, and heavy, and fun to look at! 9 bucks at the animal rescue thrift store today.

25439600227_f2eb418bdd_z.jpg

7. KingofThings

Isn't that Tracey Walter at left?
    If so, he's my cousin's good buddy as we were all born in Jersey City, NJ. :)

aaroncab, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. KingofThings

Love your avatar CX! :)

cxgirl likes this.
  9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thank-you KOT:) It is a Red Eyed Tree Frog by John Perry I picked up.

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Today, I went to a so-called estate sale, an antique store, and the Ill Will. I found... a way to waste gasoline. Total times my wallet opened... zero. Outlay: $0.00 When I posted that on Facebook, Fartbook wanted me to reformat it as a For Sale post to reach more potential buyers.:banghead::banghead::banghead: That's on top of whatever bug I'm carrying around. I probably should have just stayed home.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Now that's a real No Win situation !!! :(.....:yuck:

kyratango, KingofThings and Bronwen like this.
  12. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Yesterday I drove 40 miles round trip to a Church rummage sale, advertised to be on the Friday but actually not occurring until today Saturday, plus I cracked my bumper on a wall getting out of the car park.

13. evelyb30

Argggh - thus costing money all the way 'round.

14. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Vintage porcelain bedpan. Signed "Ironstone China, Warranted." There's a small repaired crack. I love quirky things, and for $2 I couldn't resist.

20180217_194856.jpg

15. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

Same thing here! And to great deception of my wifie....;-)

16. Houseful

Went back on Saturday to the jumble sale, got some 70s curtains for £2, a Spanish bracelet 50p and the gold rose earring also 50p but best thing was the acrostic 9ct gold pendant, the stones initials spelling out 'Dearest' which was quite apt! That cost me 50p so not too bad in the end.
    The other bits from various CS in the town I visited on the Friday. The dichroic green glass and pearl necklace has a 925 fastening cost £3.50 the little jug has a handle but no pouring lip? 925 dragon ring £3 and untested bangles £1 and unknown rock pendant was only 50p so worth buying.
    ~ image.jpg image.jpg

17. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The rock looks like picture jasper.

kyratango, KingofThings and Bronwen like this.
  18. Houseful

Thanks Hollyblue, I think you are correct, I've not come across this before. The bale is base metal but I liked the stone and did think it looked like a landscape.

19. KingofThings

Make a wall sconce of it. :)

Bronwen and Barn Owl like this.
  20. evelyb30

Or a flower pot! I did find one thing this weekend. Saturday was a total waste of time, but when I came home and was rooting around in my old junk something popped out. This pin vanished into thin air years ago, and I was thinking it went into that side dimension with the single socks and the wire coat hanger breeding ground. It's a Swiss, IIRC, fundraiser piece and I'm going to put it in the giveaway section and make it get lost for good so it can be someone else's headache.

DSCF8268.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted