Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

King, once I've mended the pulled thread which is a five minute job, it's about forty quid here - say sixty dollars?

3. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Kristiaan has toys!(LOL) I see faces and gears and... will they be watches, or steampunk jewelry? I'd love to solder all those gears onto a mesh frame; they'd make one heckuva pendant light.

5. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

More items from the past few days ... most were $1 or under ... the coral bead necklace was a splurge @ $8. Mini vintage mug picturing Stuttgart airport w/ blimp, Tiny Gorham sterling frame, vintage brass earrings and stick-pin, white coral choker w/ 10K clasp, old glass bangle, little signed wood box with silver geese.
    P1130592(1)(1).jpg
    $3 for a bag of 4 apparently unused, tarnished, Soviet era glass and 875 silver salts(Moscow) and spoons (Leningrad)
    P1130594(1).JPG

6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Blimp cup is great and if, at least, vintage I think it should do well if you list it. :)
    ~
    @Rayo56 wants that wood box. ;)

7. Bronwen

Are you sure it's not 'anatomical erotic gentleman's pocket toy' stuff?

8. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

How can one tell??;)

9. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

HaHaHa Bronwen .. Joy.

kyratango, KingofThings and Bronwen like this.
  10. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Kristiaan,

If it has a second hand on it? ;)

11. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :p:p:p:p:p:p :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

12. Bronwen

I knew you'd, ummm, come up with it. :angelic::rolleyes:

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It looks like Kristiian needs "protection" from watch parts. He caught Sidereal disease once already.

14. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

yes, nice little wooden box. But not geese - typical profiles of Male/Female Mallards (ducks) in flight.

15. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Oi,is it just me are thrifts,antique stores etc seeing a resurgence in prices ??? Every place Ive gone lately has gone up . Anyhoo,a few fun finds....
    Noritake vase,love the splotchy purple
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    adorable little Galway crystal clocks
    [​IMG]
    Mirro aluminum cocktail shaker,vintage?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This horse totally captured my attention,I remember these kind of plastic things in the 60s,and it works too !
    [​IMG]
    Vintage small humidor,my dad had one like it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Love these little japanese(?) bluebirds(?)
    [​IMG]
    Mark or decor ?
    [​IMG]

16. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Johnnycb, if you don't want to answer that's fine . . . but I am curious how many different places did you go to find those nice items?

I really like the two precious little birds. ;)

17. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Johnny, I really like those little birds, too!

I don't know if they're from the same maker as this one, which is different and has a Made in China sticker on it. The stripey blue body & the odd cross-hatched/globe type "mark" on both of them made me think they might be somehow connected.

Yours is at left; theirs is at right:

img0 (136).jpg img0 (135).jpg

This is the mark from theirs:
    img0 (134).jpg

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/158391-beautiful-little-blue-porcelain-bird-fa?in=1591

p.s. I think yours are cuter!

18. johnnycb09

I have about 5 different thrifts I go to,Lutherans,Catholic,City rescue mission,Goodwill (believe it or not) and a couple of privately owned thrifts. The occasional garage sale,very few estate sales anymore (they've gone MAD on prices).Thank you for saying they are nice,I try to find stuff following 2 parameters,cheap and cute! Most everything I post is under $5. :)

19. johnnycb09

I wonder if it was just the stand that was made in China? I think the eyes on mine are a tad more refined,for lack of a better word.Thank you,I think they are too cute as well.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great finds johnny! I love the horse lamp:)

Draft saved Draft deleted