Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't think it's awful. Such things are elements in many an Italian fountain. Suspect Doris painted it. :happy:

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Possibly Holland Mold Co.?? Doris made this at a ceramics shop / class. :happy::happy:

3. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Just sharing some finds from earlier this week: Kewpie napkin rings (still need to clean off the dried silver polish), one and ½ pair of cufflinks ... not marked, but look and feel like silver to me. Who buys a half pair of cuff links? I do when I suspect the little things in the center are rose-cut diamonds (the diamond tester agrees) ... if its mate ever shows up at that thrift ... great! ... if not, they could still be turned into earrings (and they were only $2)
    P1130550(1).JPG P1130551(1).JPG P1130556(1).JPG

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Good Eye.....Nice find !!!

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Lucky you. Such quality pieces. GORGEOUS!

Well done, Quirky!

6. Bronwen

Hope the quick brown fox gets away from that vicious looking dog!

7. Bronwen

This ring is one of the weirder things I have seen in all my looking at cameos. Sold for a good chunk of change, too:

Apollo Leucothoe ring front.jpg Apollo Leucothoe ring edge.jpg

The 'stone' cameo was made by Incolay & no doubt came out of one of Dante's Museum Masterpiece cufflinks. Assuming the mate was lost.

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I hope Im not boring yall with my finds,I realize most arent "antique" per se,but I enjoy sharing them.
    Interesting vase any ideas who?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cool bottle,repro Im guessing,but the color caught me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty stoneware vase
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Elephant mug,cute or what ???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Glass fish clock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Weird wood stand but I love its carved out of one piece and I love the piggies on the ends
    [​IMG]
    Abalone inlaid Japanese jewelry box,Ive never seen on shaped like this before
    [​IMG]
    I love the painted mirror is perfect !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Love the blue "vase" (although it looks more like a candlestick to me) and that "piggy stand" is just too cute!

10. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Found in the garage
    ru 001.JPG
    After 100 people had been through

For $5

11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

12. Bronwen

Love the color, agree with Bakers that it looks more like a candle holder, one that will even catch dripping wax.

Yellow flounder? Not the sort of thing I would usually like, but something very appealing about this one.

I have one of these, acquired, not yet deployed, for my seashell display. It is, alas, piggy-less.

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  13. Aquitaine

I love those sewing birds.....Mom used to have a nice collection of them, which I guess must have sold when she had the shop open, 'cuz going through her stuff, I never came across any!!:(:( Nary a one!!:sorry:

14. Aquitaine

Love the colors and design in the Kutani Basket!!:smuggrin:

15. Aquitaine

Well, if it's RARE, then she has fine taste....even if the water doesn't !!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

16. Aquitaine

A bit.......................................distorted????????????????????:hilarious::joyful:

17. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

WELL!
    I NEVER!!!
    :wideyed::woot:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  18. Aquitaine

;)

19. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Well I had a really great weekend for antiques! I was able to pick up items for a number of my collections at reasonable prices at an estate auction and then a few antique shops that I haven't been to in a while. Also got some postcards that I'll post a few later on the postcards thread. Now I'm broke and am going to need to eat some ramen for the next few weeks!

Brush McCoy Turtle
    brush mccoy turtle small.jpg

Rookwood Pottery advertising piece, jar with lid.

rookwood western and southern advertising jar.jpg

A few paperweights

customs house paperweight cincinnati ohio.jpg
    paperweight department store.jpg

Purchased a small collection of political, advertising, and misc. pinbacks.
    political and misc pinbacks.jpg

20. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a why did I bother at the so-called estate sale. It was really a moving sale. Long story with some frustrations left out, I spent $30 total. Got a Tunbridge ware box with some damage on it (the lid doesn't close tightly), a sterling and sort-of amber necklace, and an MMA enamel eagle pendant/brooch. The bracelet is sterling and pearl, not valuable but it was $3. Went to the Ill Will later on after a pit stop and spent a dollar on craft felt. The eagle is probably the best buy; Metropolitan Museum pieces, this one's dated 1993, usually sell for good money. DSCF8156sm.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted