Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I've been calling you Evelyn on this board for years.....
    have you never noticed that before..?

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

------
    MOS, those etchings/prints are AMAZING with such detail!!!! I CANNOT for the life of me imagine having the patience to create SOMETHING SO EXACTING!!!!! I'm afraid I would be out of my mind....what there is of it, that is!!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: They are WONDERFUL!!!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I did; I just quit worrying about it after repeating myself about three times here and elsewhere. ;-) As long as no one's using four-letter words other than Ruth, I'll answer to just about anything meant to refer to me.

4. komokwa

I'll try to remember Ruth !

5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Couple-a finds from yesterday- wedgewood black/red pharaoh box for a buck - lid is chipped on the inside edge. Spiny oyster bangle - 4 bucks.

~

36862782630_cb48013850_z.jpg 37098050716_5ed58b0302_k.jpg

6. komokwa

very nice, both............silver bangle ???

Were u walking like an Egyptian ???

7. aaroncab

Heehee... brass bangle.

KingofThings and komokwa like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

More like walking with the box hidden so that @gregsglass can't try to snag it.(LOL) The bracelet was made in India some time in the last 40 years.

gregsglass, aaroncab and KingofThings like this.
  9. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Oh Baby!
    ;)

aaroncab likes this.
  10. komokwa

IMG_2556.JPG IMG_2557.JPG IMG_2558.JPG

They so remind me of soda fountain ice cream sunday glasses.....but they are only 3 1/8 inches tall by 3 at the rim.
    They are marked with a raised ' D ' .....& one has a treatment to the base....
    50 cents a piece.....I can find room for them......for now.

IMG_2559.JPG IMG_2560.JPG IMG_2562.JPG IMG_2563.JPG

Little 1 1/4 x 2 3/4 inch wide porcelain ladies bobby pin heart shaped covered dish.....GDR with impressed numbers 227......or 222....

75 cents worth of ' cute ' !!!

more to follow.......

Figtree3, AJefferson, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  11. komokwa

The pair would have been nice.....but a bird in the hand...was never so true.
    Salt or pepper porcelain ....Cockatoo......with impressed FF ( ?? ) & copyright on the bottom.....
    At 4 1/2 inches tall......it's easy to look after !
    At 75 cents.....easy to feed !!! IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2565.JPG IMG_2567.JPG IMG_2568.JPG

Now this is here , cuz it's so involved for a small pottery item...with the lovely blue tones mixed with gold paint...& I know how much you guys like looking at..." what the heck is this...studio...or amateur pottery thing !!!
    At 3 1/4 inches tall.....a bud vase ??.......and what do you make of the base ??
    Again for 75 cents.......even my lackluster photo's are sure to amuse !!!
    I hope...........:oops:
    ( any copper color, is actually gold tone...)

. IMG_2569.JPG IMG_2570.JPG IMG_2571.JPG IMG_2573.JPG IMG_2574.JPG IMG_2575.JPG

12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Gotta keep Gila from seeing that cockatoo! And that last item - so weird, it's cool!

13. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Cute cockatoo komo! You might have already figured this out, he is half of a salt and pepper set by Fitz and Floyd.

14. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I wonder is that a "Fitz & Floyd" Rooster? ;)

Well phooey. Quirky Girl was quick on the "Fitz & Floyd" draw!!!;) :D

Here is a quote from Fitz & Floyd's website which might be of general interest:

"Whether it's a tea service for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Presidential dinnerware for The White House, a holiday centerpiece for your table, or a first set of dinnerware for your apartment or dorm room, each and every Fitz and Floyd product receives the same discerning attention to meticulous craftsmanship and exquisite detail."

"Fitz and Floyd – often elegant, sometimes whimsical, always a prized and treasured gift."

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  15. aaroncab

Since he's missing his mate is it more of a cocka-one?

16. KingofThings

The missing Clue game piece?
    :)

lloyd249 likes this.
  17. KingofThings

Oh!
    And I get harassed!!!
    ;)

18. aaroncab

Can't help it - inherited my father's sense of humor - I blame it on genetics.

lloyd249, komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  19. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

Comic con came to saskatoon again this weekend, so i tok my daughter with me to it, LOU FERRIGNO was the guest celeb , paid $250 dollars to get him to sign 4 old comics, and 1 vintage Dynamite magazine with him on the cover , he liked it a lot it lol . was really a friendly guy ,and i got to chat with him also .then i went and bought a hulk tshirt and he signed it also ($80 for that) , put it away for the wife for xmas . 21462958_2035108746775465_2259671508838862891_n.jpg and another $40, for this pic with him (for provenance ) lol .

20. KingofThings

Good heavens.

Draft saved Draft deleted