Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ohh, that's just sublime !!!!
    u find it..?
    or it found u ???:happy:

Christmasjoy, lloyd249 and Aquitaine like this.
  2. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

It was at an estate sale, with mostly low-end items, so likely not attracting the kind of buyer who would know about art glass.
    And judging by the price, I'd guess the folks running the sale didn't really know either.

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

beautiful piece all_fakes:), I love the colour

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

That is quite beautiful. Thanks for posting this --

5. Dawn mohrbavher

Dawn mohrbavher Active Member

I bought this yesterday lol. Shopping via ocean waves is freaky. (Just the moulds) if there is a jelly mould left in Britain I haven't done my job well enough lol.

IMG_0654.JPG

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great collection Dawn:)

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's a few! They ought to keep you occupied for a while.

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I'm coRnfused....you got the sideboard or ALL those jelly molds????? If the sideboard, AWESOME for displaying all those ALSO awesome jelly molds!!!!

Christmasjoy and lloyd249 like this.
  9. komokwa

she says just the moulds....so maybe....the pic is showing the moulds....just hanging out on the furniture...

Aquitaine likes this.
  10. evelyb30

That's a serious welsh dresser they're sitting on. You'd need a real manor house kitchen to have space for the wee beastie. Or a shop.

11. komokwa

that's a dresser ?

12. Aquitaine

WELL, whatever....whichever.....they BOTH go WELL together!!!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

13. Dawn mohrbavher

Just the moulds LOL The dresser wasn't for sale. And yes Komokwa that's a dresser in the old country. I didn't get that one...but I have a gorgeous 17th Century monster dresser which will be used to display the copper. It's slightly more ornate and darker, but still very similar to that piece. I'm tempted to keep the collection for myself LOL But needs must...they will sell heh heh The sheer hell of being a dealer is that you often fall in love...and have to let go. I got the whole collection for a bargain price of 600. I can't wait to see it in person!

Dresser, sideboard, dresser, chest of drawers, coffer, trunk, coopered bin, copper bucket....I'm learning my English terms verses American on every trip LOL I have started using the English terms and I completely confuse people in the store.

14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Thobbut. Which utter muppet did that shabby chic strip job and took ALL the patina off it? It isn't strictly a Welsh dresser, they have cupboards below not openness.

Nice moulds there.

Messilane likes this.
  15. evelyb30

Looking at the wood and hardware, it may not be all that old. It looks like pine.

16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It may well be old: Victorian dressers were typically pine, but if they get acid bathed, they look brand harry spanking new. Hardware could be replaced.

Messilane likes this.
  17. Dawn mohrbavher

18. evelyb30

Did that one get mangled by a flipper too? I'm not used to seeing pine in its naked state unless it's some cheap piece of paint-your-own junk. Old American pine pieces were often painted to resemble more expensive woods.

19. Aquitaine

Well, apparently Dawn likes some of her wood that way, and that's just fine!!! Her choice and that's what counts, REMEMBER!!!!! I think it's kind of unique and nice!!! It's just not what we in America are USED (key word!) to seeing!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    bobsyouruncle likes this.
  20. evelyb30

The second piece still has its shop tag on. I don't think it's hers.

Draft saved Draft deleted