Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Northwest Coast ......just to b a stickler...:happy:

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Rotund little bronze doggie - had to give him a home. Yo quiero taco bell? 34212033836_69b5643d47_k.jpg

3. Angelina Dugo

Angelina Dugo Member

IMG_5487.JPG Kept this one from MIL's house and hung it above my pantry. X - SUNKIST PIE CO - X IMG_5486.JPG

cxgirl, aaroncab, Figtree3 and 5 others like this.
  4. aaroncab

Tonight's thrift store nuggets...

"Leonard" - Italy silverplate King Tut trivet - 2 bucks

Chemex older 13 cup coffee brewing flask. - 3 bucks

~

34273361645_51c451d020_k.jpg 33431497984_9745703a56_k.jpg

5. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

I think he should be speaking Japanese rather than Mexican. ;)

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  6. aaroncab

You're probably right! I think that translates loosely to:

私はタコベルが欲しいです

:D

Seriously though - he looked most like a chihuahua to me, but I'm really not sure where this guy came from - or even for sure that he's a dog!

KingofThings and Messilane like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

@aaroncab - do NOT sell that Chemex. Get yourself some filters and use that puppy. I had a small 2-cup one that I used until my sink ate it about six months ago. If the power goes out and you have gas to cook on, that kind of coffee pot works.

KingofThings and aaroncab like this.
  8. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I love that bronze dog!!!

Komokwa, sometimes I find stuff, sometimes I don't.... you know you have to be at exactly the right place at exactly the right time....but the treasure-hunting keeps me going, it is a relaxing hobby for me. I don't know much about anything else but jewelry....

I am behind on my picture taking. It has been April showering all over this week, so an outdoor antique festival and a bi-annual flea market was rained out... I went to an out-of-the-way antique mall instead. This lucite pendant wouldn't let me leave unless I bought it. Don't know who she is....
    20170425_194333 (604x640).jpg
    And it was love at first sight when I saw this pearl necklace... not old, but I love how they drizzled black paint on the blister pearl pods...
    drizzle pearls.jpg
    Peacock eye glass bracelet
    peacock eye glass bracelet.jpg
    old pot metal brooch.... I have to check out the Coro patents for this even though it is unsigned...
    pot metal pink.jpg
    This is a ton of pinned semi-precious stones....
    multi-necklace.jpg
    And I have a small black light pen I carry around now- vaseline glass brooch
    vasseline glass 1.jpg
    vaseline glass 2.jpg
    gold-filled zodiac bracelet (there are signs on both sides of the disks) with real pearls
    zodiac bracelet.jpg
    So all of the above stuff was about the price of flea market finds in an obscure antique mall and I had fun.

9. aaroncab

Love that vaseline glass brooch!

lloyd249 and KingofThings like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Marko, she's Minoan or at least a take off of one of the wall paintings in Knossos. Is the bale shaped a bit like a long pointed animal head?

11. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I don't think Rayo has seen this..... :(

12. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

No, the bale is plain... I was thinking Greek, and tried to google the symbols (I thought apple and wreath, maybe Aphrodite...) but came up empty-handed. Thanks for the Minoan reference, I will google more.

KingofThings likes this.
  13. Ownedbybear

You'll find lots of Minoan ladies with their bits hanging out. ;) I'd have grabbed that too. The pendant, that is. Not the bits.

pearlsnblume and KingofThings like this.
  14. aaroncab

Got these 3 martini glasses for a dollar each today 34273229906_1fa11f7ba9_k.jpg 34183025951_38a26019ef_k.jpg - green, blue and yellow, the yellow turned out to be vaseline glass.

15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

very nice aaron:)

KingofThings and aaroncab like this.
  16. evelyb30

I went out this morning on wobbly legs and next to no sleep (blame my own dumb body, and the cat) Spent just shy of $65 between two estate sales, a moving sale and a fruitless trip to the Ill Will. The moving sale stuff is for reuse/repair/melting so it's not shown, and I've left out the odds and ends too.
    DSCF4743small.jpg DSCF4749.JPG The bits in the picture are all from the estate sale. Israeli silver and eilat, MMA sterling earrings, lapis and 14k button earrings, more silver, etc. I spent a whole dollar at the second sale on a copper bracelet.

17. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Beautiful bracelet!

KingofThings likes this.
  18. Ownedbybear

Yum. Much covetousness on the bangle.

KingofThings and Figtree3 like this.
  19. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

DSC09835.JPG my find for today , $8.00 ca. 11" long x 4 " wide 7" high
    (to the top of stack) DSC09839.JPG View attachment 71325 DSC09843.JPG DSC09844.JPG

20. evelyb30

A choochoo! (To quote Santa Claus is Coming to Town) My late dad was a rail nut, so that would have tempted me too. The copper bracelet Bear's eyeing is headed straight into my hoard...collection. One must be circumspect about hoarding.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted