Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. mr2real

mr2real Active Member

The broken finger is on the piece of KPM.

2. mr2real

mr2real Active Member

Crocker Farm said it is extremely difficult to execute these three glazes onto one piece. The black glaze on the bottom is a manganese based glaze. This is my first significant stoneware find.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  3. mr2real

mr2real Active Member

4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Excellent, mr2real!

If you have other photos of the KPM figurine I'd love to see them. She looks really lovely. :)

5. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

Interesting! Hope it does really, really well. :)

6. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

Well, I wouldn't say that. I'm sure there are a few.

Always, Sharona.

Yes, the letter was written to a soloist 3 years before his passing.

Oh! My bad! Let me not pick and post the "cream of the crop" so to speak as once accused. Below is the entire box of jewels for you jewelry lovers. Most is vintage costume (Coro, Weiss, etc.), with the little clear baggy at left containing 9 sterling rings and the purse just above that containing a bunch of pearls (most loose).

JEWELS 002-001.JPG

7. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

@ Mr2, congrats on your finds. I wish you much luck and many bids at the sale. Congrats!

mymysharona43 likes this.
  8. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Very glad to see Nuff back! Awesome treasures - love that vintage box of jewels. The autographed piece is quite a find as well. And with football season in full swing, those are a home run. Just kidding - TOUCH DOWN! (I really don't know sports that well. I once was with a group of friends at a WNBA game and erm, yelled at the referees. Only I called them umpires. I thought everyone was going to die laughing).

9. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

mr2real - amazing finds! What beautiful pieces. I hope that you do indeed attain high sales.

I have noticed we have been missing one other important poster - Brad. Knock, knock, where are you? You always find some interesting items as well. But also 'recycle' or 'recreate' out of damaged pieces, something I could never do. I mean, the blind in my kitchen broke yesterday and well, I'm about to call a mechanic.

10. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

A mechanic? You ought to be in two minds about getting a blind one.

11. afantiques

upload_2014-9-12_16-29-36.png

A 2 inch long silver lion, nicely modelled, probably the hinged lid off something, the base is slightly curved with what may have been the loop of a hinge at the tail end.
    upload_2014-9-12_16-32-21.png

upload_2014-9-12_16-33-26.png

I just need the rest of it

12. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

I agree miss Brad's post too! I see he still posts but I think he has some other sites he visits...?
    But I do miss his unique items and good eye!

Cool jewels Nuff you know we all love those!
    Jewelry is so fun, although I have certainly spanned out a little, it's small easy to sell and ship and there is always new and unique things to find in the way of jewels
    If I posted all my non cream of the crop stuff you would be pretty bored....I bought a big bag of jewels for 5.00 most junque/ jewels, the rest will swap out of lump together as parts/junque

13. mymysharona43

Still neat detail af

14. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

cergirlamb1.jpg Yeah! On everybody's finds, really cool stuff.
    I would love to see the marks on Anna piece.
    AF-very nice sterling I wish my shed/garage was full of your stuff.
    Love the Asian mirror
    KPM nice!! I actually bought a Alsbach Sheibe (similar to KPM, Bohn, ect) piece this week too with a weird repair on hoof, along with more Calif studio pottery, B&B christmas plate, and longaberga halloween go-alongs.
    Nuff, nice to see you back...I was kinda not posting until you returned!

15. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

typo galore. Actually Royal Copenhagen jul plates 1919 (i passed on the B&G not B&B) Longaberger geesh

16. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Oh and dolls which I know very little about. Any experts out there?

17. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Dolls@Holly.JPG Lots of Dolls, just wading through them now about 1/5th indentified.

spirit-of-shiloh and tyeldom3 like this.
  18. mymysharona43

I don't know about experts but marko is pretty good with them

19. mymysharona43

wow some kool looking dolls

20. afantiques

If you live in an area with a high background magic level, that miniature United Nations will come prowling in the night, tiny feet clicking and little tongues wetting little lips as they come to eat you all up. There will be just this skeleton surrounded by innocent looking but plump dolls...............

Draft saved Draft deleted