Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Charliebfc

Charliebfc Well-Known Member

Here the house it arrived this afternoon. 20170202_133128.jpg 20170202_133301.jpg 20170202_132201.jpg 20170202_133311.jpg 20170202_133331.jpg 20170202_133227.jpg 20170202_133446.jpg
    It's got Electrical workings in the back of the roof has well.

20170202_133235.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    quirkygirl and cxgirl like this.
  2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I wish I could see it more clearly, Joy.

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy, Charliebfc and lloyd249 like this.
  4. Charliebfc

Could you Imagine the young girls joy when she received it for her Birthday / Christmas present,

Whoever made took a long time to make it,

Looks like its made from recycled floorboards its very heavy.

I put the furniture in then take more pictures,

But there so much furniture it might look cluttered,

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and lloyd249 like this.
  5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Very cool that is has lights! Have fun setting up the furniture and post photos:)

Christmasjoy and lloyd249 like this.
  6. Charliebfc

Ok but I won't try the lights I'm scared of Electricity,

I won't even wire A plug

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't either; I smell cloth wrapped wiring on that thing. Or bare wires. Knob and tube doesn't bear thinking on or messing with.

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  8. Charliebfc

I put a light into its socket but no way going to make it live ,

It's got a transformer like a train set one and I Remmeber the shocks I got has a kid playing with my train set no thank you,

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I used those too regularly, and only got shocks from the cat's fur. Static electricity. The cat wasn't too pleased either.

10. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Nice. Transformer implies the lights are low voltage, so a savvy friend should be able to determine the necessary voltage, and replace the transformer with a modern "wall wart" style power supply or a battery pack, if desired.

11. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE that doll house !!!

KingofThings likes this.
  12. Charliebfc

Ok thank you I keep that in mind get my nieces husband to fiddle with it ,

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Thrift store today. Nut dish. Canadian Pacific Ocean Service, SS Metagama. cpos 001.JPG
    In service from 1915 to 1930.

Attached Files:

14. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

About the dolls house, all your problems with pictures stem from shooting into the light. Make sure any light is behind you and the results will miraculously improve.

Ideally take stuff outside.

The wiring would probably be 6 volt and it would take typical torch bulbs for the lights. From back when torches had bulbs, not modern LEDs. Any bulbs present will have voltage in tiny print around the base, as in 6v 5W.

15. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I loved my dollhouse when I was little.... I had one of those old metal ones you could cut yourself on and bleed to death.... but we all survived. I love that one!

Terry, I think the colors on those Japan dishes are spectacular. Evelyb, the handbag is the BOMB! And Bear, those earrings...... want.....

Well, I had to decide between a church sale and an antique show today, so I picked the antique show. I brought the husband with me, and somehow he finagled us in the locked doors first....he is a handsome devil. There are a few dealers who make mistakes (or just don't care), and I headed for one of them first.

The lady said this was 10k, and she wanted $120 for it, I offered $100, she counter-offered $110, I said "okay." I laid out the money and said I wanted to loupe it before the deal was done, and the marking was not 10k, but 18k..... so I grabbed it. Some abrasions, I have to check the one garnet for a chip/crack, whatever, I don't care. I have been missing my dad, taking care of his brother who is now in long-term care and has terminal cancer, and I think it was a sign from my dad that he knows I am doing my best; garnet was my dad's birthstone, and I love garnets. I got more from the show, pics tomorrow, but here is the ring
    Garnet 4.jpg
    Garnet 1.jpg
    Garnet 2.jpg
    Garnet side 3.jpg
    Any guesses as to age on this?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  16. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

Marko, that is one gorgeous ring!

17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yuppers........

KingofThings and cxgirl like this.
  18. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I agree, gorgeous ring Marko! What a great score that is:)

KingofThings likes this.
  19. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

look more like rubies than garnets imo , I say that because i have a (certified) ruby that looks just like them .
    ps very nice ring

aaroncab and KingofThings like this.
  20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

2nd snow day for me so I'm catching up on getting photos of some goodies:)
    Sterling spoon collection, 11 oz of silver, Biltmore mini hat and box that I believe were a gift certificates, Nestle Quik money bank, two sweetheart pins and another pin, couple of amber necklaces, cut glass bowl that has a couple of chunks off the rim but too pretty to pass by for $1.00, MCM letter or note holder and a figure of a blacksmith, I think chrome plated DSC04086.jpg
    DSC04034.jpg DSC04049.jpg DSC04050.jpg DSC04054.jpg DSC04085.jpg DSC04073.jpg DSC04126.jpg DSC04075.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted