Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

That's okay, now Bob (MOS) has to send it to me! :D

2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Harrach1.jpg

Harrach2.jpg

I dont have it in my hands yet but this is an Ebay find (I pretty much get everything there LOL)

Harrach Inkwell 1870's - 1880's Referred to as "Soap Bubble" or "Glatt Iris"

Now I need to find a nice Dip Pen

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The only big find I found this week is already in its envie for scrap or sale at the local pawn - a 14k bracelet sold for under a buck.(oops!) But this is cool. Solid heavy translucent swirl bakelite award clock from a US Army soccer tournament in Germany in 1954. There's a piece missing, but I know at least one bakelite carver who might want it just for the parts. The clock works, btw. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Yes, all of the value is in the parts

5. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

The other missing piece is the hand setter for the clock. But any clock person tends to have a tin full of assorted ones, so it's usually not hard to find one to fit.

6. evelyb30

That's what I was thinking. Besides, a dollar for that big a chunk of bakelite sounded like a deal. I know at least one jewelry artist who still works in it.

7. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Love the inkwell

8. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

:)

There was actually 4 identical ones listed (That I found) on Ebay that were all ending within a couple days of each other. 2 of them had no attribution, so I got mine at a price point i was very happy with. Then the seller refunded me 5.00 GBP because the shipping was less than anticipated. Score!

mymysharona43 likes this.
  9. evelyb30

Just listed the clock. It already has a bid on it.

10. mymysharona43

All right way to go!
    Its late so here's what I found too tired to describe it all
    most bought from one man for about 15.00
    Not including the jewelry. About the same on the jewelry
    10k pendant with lots of stones not sure if they're diamonds or not yet 2.00
    I like the little turquoise vase, been buying a lot of unknown little pieces here and there cheap
    I think the ones colorful vase is majolica but not certain it is chipped came in the lot
    I will post some id's when I get more than 10 seconds of free time busy busy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got a little more will post when I get a chance

11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Sharon,
    great score, I like the turquoise one also. Love your bangle bracklets.
    greg

12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I've never seen a necklace like that one with the birds before.

13. mymysharona43

Thank you Greg! Havnt tested the plastic bracelet yet, hoping for bakelite but may not be
    More I havnt seen one similar in a looooong time

14. mymysharona43

My favorite seller at swap right now, bought that and the gold necklace from her, bought gold from her before for a song. She says anything with stones 2.00 lol

15. mymysharona43

I did mean the glass necklace bought from my favorite seller she had not been out much lately

16. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Love the birdie necklace, but would hesitate to wear it. I'll take the malachite bangle and the scarab bracelet. Thanks! ;)

17. gregsglass

Hi Wendy,
    Hands off the malacite bangle I have first "dibs".I like the scarb bracelet but since I like them with different colored stones I'll pass.
    greg

18. mymysharona43

no fighting lol
    Thanks Wendy I agree those tails could hurt....there are couple of breaks on it but didnt turn me away

19. mymysharona43

Looks like it might be murano or similar

20. gregsglass

Hi Sharon,
    To me it looks more like 1930s Czech with that clasp. I only know enough about jewelery to get myself in trouble.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted