Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

The two on either side seem to be confusing 'studio' with 'Not being able to do it very well'

Messilane likes this.
  2. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

finds829.jpg more weird calif studio. Except these items were made by is a calif listed painter, circus set designer. His stuff always makes me laugh.
    lol. I'll see if it they are right kind of weird that sells.

3. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

listed painter, circus set designer

And cake decorator?

kentworld likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I thought this was pretty interesting. It's about the Canadian portion of the 1000 Islands International Bridge. Those are silver gelatin photos (don't know what the story is the bottom one - some faded early color process?). All the lettering is by hand. It seems to me it must have been a presentation piece. It's certainly that quality. The frame measures 17 1/4" by 13 1/2".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

ooh nice photos

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  6. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. Very nice photos and nicely presented with additional information about the subject (including date).

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not finds so much as reconstructeds. The lower one is a former ivory pin. The carving is nice but the hardware was junk. It's strung on grade Z Chinese beads. The other is made of clove beads (bone) from a busted Indian necklace and some black ones, composition unknown.

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Very nice clock af.
    trip I love those crazy animals!
    I picked up this light that was in the hospital, really want to keep it but...
    Also picked up this pipe, not sure if it would be meerschaum or carved from something else. Do you think those are squirrels?
    DSC07663.jpg DSC07703.jpg

10. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I would think the carver thought they were aardvarks at a termite mound

11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I haven't been out for awhile, but took a drive yesterday to the shore via the back way. I never saw so many yard sales in my life. My county doesn't have them late August/September usually, but there were church sales and I even hit an outdoor antique show. I will post some finds shortly. :)

I love the repurposed ivory brooch!!!!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  12. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Nice finds, all. CX --love the lamp. I'd want to keep it, too -- but no room! Great look.

13. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Gee Marko...I look forward to this time of year 'cause the sales always pick back up a bit. Folks done with vacations and all. (Burlington County)

BTW Do you know the date for the Batsto show this year?

14. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Skeezix, I was thinking of you this weekend! I believe Batsto is a Sunday show. I have it on my phone calendar, I will post it today when I get the phone out of the car. I think it is September the 28. I was going to the Tomato Festival in Cape May Saturday, got there very late, 3:30 when they close at 5. I have to get the Cape May County edition of the local newspaper next year. I have to tell you, the prices in many of the antique stores now for jewelry rival yard sale and thrift shop prices. I got vintage earrings for a dollar in one store, and the outdoor antique show couldn't be beat.

15. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Skeeziks, Batsto is Sunday, 9-28-14, 8-3.

This was a yard sale find this weekend. Movado Museum watch, Sapphire collection, 1999. The lady got it for a retirement gift and never wore it. Original paperwork, sticker seal on the back of the watch. It needs a battery. I searched everywhere online, have not seen a green one. Green in my favorite color!!!! DSCF3446 (480x217).jpg

FunkeysFinds and mymysharona43 like this.
  16. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Thanks Marko.

Nice watch, i wear a Movado most of the time.

17. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Lots of cool finds! That lamp would sell well around here!
    Love the critters Trip not your ordinary looking california pottery
    Pretty clock af
    Neat photo more
    and lovely necklaces Bev
    Can't wait to see the jewels Marko, your a great jewelry picker!

We actually took some stuff back to swap this weekend. I use to do that every weekend and work. Now maybe once a year. Did good for a few hours of purgin carp
    I could never go to swap and not look too. One lady told my daughter while I was gone her mothers prices were too high lol
    and a couple of sales afterward
    my late in the day swap find, cinnabar 1.00
    Modern tourist pieces
    Pretty sure the sorority pin is victorian gold, could be plated
    Chinese name seal Roxanne
    Miniature elephant pitcher/creamer
    Neat carved owl, wood of some sort black to light wood?
    looks modern
    A dab of jewelry 2 dress clips sterling faux slider and buckles,charm & misc
    Blanc de Chine
    Schildkraut petit point
    Not much value but pretty Bonis vase and tiny little old looking vase with watch hill painted scene
    Double fish Mexican Italian? 1.00
    last big black bowl, mark is smudged and missing, lots of wear and little vase marked KH for my figure it out pile...
    That's what I call power shopping, up till 3:30 purging up at 6:30 to go whew..... and a little shopping while selling...finds have been DEAD at our swap lately

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  18. mymysharona43

last one I missed

[​IMG]

19. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Mymysharona, I adore the small(ish) framed needlepoint of the boy carrying a duck and other ducks walking around his feet.

mymysharona43 likes this.
  20. mymysharona43

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted