Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Getting back to contributing 'Finds' to this thread after a long absence... I am one of those pickers who is very patient and goes slowly, looking at literally everything and am often surprised. I am amazed at the same pickers I recognize that zoom (literally) by me in 2-3 minutes and haven't looked at anything. After they zoom away, I've found some great items. I know we all have different ways of pickin' though...

This is from my favorite TS. I've gotten gold, sterling, pearls, bakelite, antiques, autographed items... you name-it... my favorite store for a reason. That is the actual price tag.

The pin is gold with seed pearls and I believe the blue stones are turquoise. I am crazy about the antique box though. The box dates to roughly 1899-1900. Here is some history I found online:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Y...nepage&q=schweiger augusta ga jewelry&f=false

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a good day ya'll...

2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

GW thrift this morning, $9.99.
    IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1506.jpg

3. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

What a great find! Congrats :)

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

My goodness, people are really finding the Tiffany! Must be a good week to be out there. Gorgeous pieces, all of them!

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Great finds funkeysfinds and anund!
    Love that case too funkey!

6. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Geez, I just noticed the lamp is Tiffany, an amazing find!

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I am DROOLING over that stickpin ! Picked up some glass today,most modern but still pretty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Isnt this a lush purple?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a STUNNING Eickholt paperweight!
    [​IMG]

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I just went thru this thread real fast to catch up on all the goodies.
    Totally jealous of all your great finds everyone.
    It has been slim pickings around here.
    :)

KingofThings likes this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Around here the old stuff find list is pretty skinny. NICE job snagging that lamp Anund. As for the stick pin, I'd have been happy to score the BOX, never mind the pin.

KingofThings and anundverkaufen like this.
  12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

love that paperweight johnny!

KingofThings and johnnycb09 like this.
  13. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

14. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

I only make an average of 1 to 2 good thrift store finds per year. Good meaning something of quality for way less than what it's worth. Around here the flea markets have mostly worthless trash or basic things and if there's something even little better, the price is very high. I don't even bother going to charity shops any more (well, that's a lie actually) because there's only about 0.0000001% chance to find anything of quality / value due to the fact that the staff in those places makes sure there's only worthless junk up for sale. I wonder where the treasures go...

A cheap big ole' crying clay onion (for onion storage) has been haunting me ever since I saw it the other day. It was so grotesque. I think I might want to go back and buy it for the 2$ but I'm afraid it's too kitschy.

KingofThings and tyeldom3 like this.
  15. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Wowzer on all that Tiffany! And I love the stickpin! I would have bought just the box for $5.

Not too much recently, haven't been out, here is some stuff I am using at the house:

vintage Springmaid sheet set, $3 at a flea market, like new, probably never used

sheets.jpg

Handblown Mexican drinking glasses, $1 each
    drinking glasses.jpg

Mid-century bent bamboo magazine rack, $1
    bamboo magazine rack.jpg

16. anundverkaufen

Here's one of those fun Sunday morning picks, a day after 50% off day at the ARC thrift.
    58 pieces plus 2 Hector Aguilar serving pieces, $199.99 plus tax.

IMG_1556.jpg IMG_1559 2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  17. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Wow, Anund - nice find! It's a bit "modern" for my taste, but I'll bet it's a much more popular pattern these days than my own!

18. anundverkaufen

It's actually not a popular Kirk pattern, but a good investment all the same.

KingofThings, Aquitaine and SBSVC like this.
  19. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Great set Anund, and Sterling to boot!

20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted