Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

jakes vintage

Oh my goodness. Nice, very nice.

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago I had a bronze pin try made by L Levee' also, up for ID'ing, there are examples around but no one was able to find any information on L Levee.

Maybe it is a joke name, it's a pun in French, elevee = raised. My theory is that it is by someone amazingly famous, who made these in his spare time. The name could just be a hidden clue, like Bergman writing his name backwards on stuff.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I Just yesterday read an article about him ! I had no idea he was so collectible,that's a great find !

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

7. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

8. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

Thanks, Fig.

I took it locally to see if I can have the border mended, but unfortunately there's nothing they can do. :(

9. 'Nuff_Said

Awesome find/piece, Jakes!

10. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

Thanks Nuff

11. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

enlightening as always Nuff.
    Nice find and you gotta love quick sale on your Spratling! Jakes
    As I always tell myself the "stuff" is out there you just have to go get it.

FunkeysFinds and mymysharona43 like this.
  12. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I watch her stuff, Bob, (I think she's in Toronto), because she seems to get some really high prices. Often sells a lot of silver, but lately, lots of Chinese items because they're "hot" sellers at the moment. Some have said that her descriptions aren't the most accurate, BWDIK?

13. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

And you don't dissapoint, many cool finds
    I'm always telling myself that lol so I went out and got (what I could)
    Heavy Taxco collar necklace 1.00 tiny
    diamond stud earrings for my grand daughter for 1.00
    Haskell fan earrings, cant see the Damascene like music box
    Corocraft christmas tree pin, sterling earrings and open back crystal necklace
    Not sure who made the reversable leaf pin, the clip comes off and theres a leaf and lady bug on the other side. Maybe Sarah I havnt looked yet
    Little budda figure, black stone or? aztec like figure and little modern pottery vase by Virginia Silac or Silak
    Some kind of cool buttons for a dollar

Great score on that gold and diamond ring, that's why I never pass up jewelry. Congrats to Jake too!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Your Aztec-like figurine is Mexican and obsidian.

mymysharona43 likes this.
  15. mymysharona43

Thank you I did some referred to as obsidian listed and onyx

16. mymysharona43

It is dated 95 probably not worth much....
    I did look closer at the leaf pin is Boucher

17. 'Nuff_Said

Thanks Trip & Sharona! Nice finds by the way.

These 3 items were $77...

A very large (too large to share the entire image here) oil on canvas painting with original frame and gallery label verso of: 'William Thomas Stead(?) (English, 1849 - 1912)' (not 100% sure if Stead is the correct ID).

Late-19th or early-20th C. Tiffany(?) or Loetz(?) glass vase (unmarked).

19th/early-20th C. Pennsylvania Folk Art(?) or Arts and Crafts Movement(?) copper casket box. This box is very interesting IMO. It's decorated with hearts and stars in relief and a surname(?) at front. The coolest part is the hidden lock. Where the handle is missing, you turn both of those top 2 latches and pull. This small part then detaches, you reach your finger inside near the top front and there's a small button you press. This then releases the locking mechanism and the box opens. It took us about an hour to figure out how to open the darn thing.

THREE NEW FINDS 001-001.JPG

THREE NEW FINDS 003-001.JPG

THREE NEW FINDS 002-001.JPG

18. mymysharona43

Wow Wow & Wow
    That box looks pretty cool! The painting looks very realistic and the vase gorgeous!

19. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

That portrait certainly looks like William Thomas Stead (Englishman, newspaper editor) and the 1912 date would be correct as he went down with the Titanic

20. mymysharona43

Got this cute little famille rose? tea set, couldn't find the mark on goth, but I know I have seen it before. It does have a chip on the foot. Little peach shaped Jermaine Monteil box
    Little silver plate creamer all cheap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted