Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd leave it; that which you don't mess with you can't mess up. That ribbon looks iffy. Polishing it could polish the plate right off in any case.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. epicsativa420

epicsativa420 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingofThings likes this.
  3. epicsativa420

epicsativa420 New Member

[​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  4. epicsativa420

epicsativa420 New Member

[​IMG] no ideal when they were put in but Ik that the barns are from late 1800s just cool rocks :) cut by hand

KingofThings and Messilane like this.
  5. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

IMG_0036.jpg I posted about this Victorian Terrarium earlier.
    So now I have finished it and thought I would post the result, The yellow fabric is from the remains of a Victorian dress, The Victorian braid and tassels were bought a couple of years later but match beautifully, Hubby cut the wood for the false base but the rest is all my own work, The dome was very tricky but I'm happy with the end results :)
    IMG_0030.jpg IMG_0033.jpg IMG_0034.jpg IMG_0032.jpg IMG_0037.jpg [A

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  6. Poisonivy

One more thing.....Everything I have done can easily be undone so if in the future I (or its next owner) wants it as its original purpose it can be done without too much work.

lloyd249, Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  7. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Poisonivy - I love your use for this piece, and am also a fan of Hammerite and the similar Rustoleum Hammered, your additional detailing looks great. You do wonderful work, the gathered yellow top and tassels are lovely - everyone has different tastes and mine tend toward simplicity, so I hope you won't take offense, but to my eye, the back and side treatments take away from the piece itself, as well as your beautiful sewing boxes. Not that it matters, but if mine, might have made a gathered backdrop or left it open, and would hunt for or fabricate a shallow shelf over the top box for some small items. Regardless, it's very pretty...

~Cheryl

lloyd249, Poisonivy and KingofThings like this.
  8. Poisonivy

Thank you Cheryl, You have made some nice suggestions there and are things that I will keep in mind. It wouldn't be difficult as the little pelmet I made is just held on with Velcro so easy to remove, I like your idea off adding a little shelf too.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    GREAT PHOTOS!

10. epicsativa420

epicsativa420 New Member

Thank yu :)

KingofThings likes this.
  11. epicsativa420

epicsativa420 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. KingofThings

Do us a favor please... When you see others struggling to enlarge photos from their phone please step in diplomatically and explain this. :)
    Thank you!

lloyd249 likes this.
  13. evelyb30

I was at a set-up for a synagogue rummage sale on Monday. Hand made necklaces were contributed, and these pieces followed me home. Full price of course, but you can't bargain before the thing even starts.(LOL) My favorite piece was the industrial ID badge from a place that started out as the Capewell Horse Nail Company. This dates to WWII. The rest is artisan sterling without a mark to its name, except for the gold and ivory earrings. DSCF2333.JPG

LIbraryLady, lloyd249, Marko and 4 others like this.
  14. KingofThings

That pin is FAB!!!!
    I collect shipyard ones. Usually not this nice.
    -
    And she is a Rosie for sure! :)

15. evelyb30

She may have been an office worker, or could have been a tool and die "guy".

KingofThings likes this.
  16. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Poison Ivy, what a great job you did! That is gorgeous!!! Evelyb, I love that pin, too.

Something small, emerald green moonglow memory wrap bracelet. A broken Richelieu necklace of the same material was found with it.... each was a dollar. My grand plan is to someday rebead the tons of vintage beads I have, mixing them with newer non-gaudy beads (I would have to attend some more bead shows to get the newer czech glass beads.) I love the moonglow stuff and pick it up when it is reasonable like this.... getting harder to find reasonably priced....
    Moonglow emerald green.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  17. evelyb30

I've been known to mix colors on moonglows; the originals were all monochrome, but since they're not worth much regardless I often feel free to mess with the broken ones.

KingofThings likes this.
  18. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

Hi all still in Mohntreal , have been to mr. Biro's house . He is a very smart man and a nice guy .he loved my my silk coke tie and offered to buy it but I told him it was not for sale, but as a joke I said $i3000, I thought he replied 5 but my son said he said no problem I will give you 5000 but I didn't hear him. WOW! . Outside I told I him I have a flint stones one and I will bring him. He loves it, will have my answer tomorrow
    It has been one heck of an adventure and I have pics when I get back .

KingofThings likes this.
  19. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

On I'm I pad so I can't post picks

KingofThings likes this.
  20. KingofThings

My eyes are fine so I don't need one of those.

lloyd249 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted