Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I would have SOOOOO bought that too! It made me laugh!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    lloyd249 and KingofThings like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Gila might hang that.(LOL) The parrot would like it. Louise the Lemmeout would roundly ignore it since she can't eat it, sleep on it, or sharpen her claws on it. Or bat it under the fridge.

3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I have a spot for it in the parrots room!

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Scene of a peacock while on LSD.
    greg

5. smitty709

smitty709 New Member

Looking for Info on a antique sofa set my parents have. All i know is it is Italian. Looking for an approximate value. Have long sofa, love seat, 2 single chairs and coffee table. Colours are a little faded but seems in good condition otherwise.Any info is appreciated.

Attached Files:

lloyd249 likes this.
  6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

lloyd249 likes this.
  7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Love that peacock! The furniture is gorgeous!

KingofThings and lloyd249 like this.
  8. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

dick.jpg
    nice , Dick used to eat a lot of turtle pellets and i would sometime opt for some crickets for her from the pet store during winter, if they were a good size , i had her for about 2 years. after she died i kept her in the freezer in the fridge in a box as i knew a taxidermist . he told me what to do and how to preserve her in position . i went to get her a few years later (after bringing her out a few dozen times to show people lol ) and was going to use her in my book but she was gone someone might have buried her or maybe got thrown out idk so now i have a plastic one lol . she looked a lot like this one .

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  9. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

OMGoodness, I got up at 6 a.m. today and I put wet food out and dry food out for a few stray cats (they are pretty much our strays, but eat wherever there is food), so I look out an Mommy turtle had a face covered with wet food.

I photographed some stuff yesterday before my day got cray cray. Hope you guys don't mind, it relaxes me.....everything here except for the sterling lizards was a dollar... the brass Chinese lantern earrings have an artisan's? mark of AR 84. The blue necklace (anybody have a guess about what stone the beads are?) has GF findings. The blue rhinestone earrings are Swan logo Swarovski. The roses are Krementz, and the pendant in the center is Mexico sterling.
    Chinese Lantern Earring Plate.jpg
    The church sale faux pearl earrings were 75 cents, the black onyx bracelet was, too, 14k findings, the single blue earring is GF blue zircon (couldn't find the mate in the other 100 boxes in the hot sun), the GF rose pin is ivory, zebras are Bob Mackie, the silver looking stuff is sterling, not the zebras, though. The swirl pearl pin tests as 10k (I dropped the acid right on the back twice for a bit, no damage, smoking) bu the pearl is faux.....pink ring 10k GF Carl Art.
    Mezzuzah.jpg

These charms are missing a few blue rhinestones, they are HAR. HAR charms.jpg

pearlsnblume, wenna, Figtree3 and 7 others like this.
  10. lloyd249

picked up my postcards 78 all together DSC08188.JPG DSC08189.JPG DSC08190.JPG DSC08191.JPG DSC08192.JPG DSC08193.JPG DSC08194.JPG DSC08195.JPG
    i really like the horses , it flips upside down for the same image lol

pearlsnblume, cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  11. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

12. lloyd249

this one ?
    DSC08198.JPG

cxgirl likes this.
  13. lloyd249

too cute DSC08199.JPG DSC08200.JPG

KingofThings and cxgirl like this.
  14. lloyd249

15. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

My DS came home last week with a huge plastic bag stuffed full of all of this bubble wrap he picked up along the street & I spent about 25 minutes rolling it up. :wideyed::wideyed::jawdrop::jawdrop::smuggrin::smuggrin::D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

[​IMG]

I do not know exactly how much is there but it was clean, the size I needed the most & it was free - free - freeeeee!!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Peggy

16. lloyd249

17. lloyd249

free is good, i picked up a big roll of the large bubble at a gs and i put it over my windows in winter (cut to fit ).

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  18. lloyd249

this one is signed Ray O' Neil DSC08208.JPG DSC08211.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd say Peggy got the score of the week. Useful and free into the bargain.

20. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

lloyd249 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted