Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Ruedi

Ruedi Active Member

hence..the two breasts :)

Marko and lloyd249 like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

...and no head once the Romans caught up to her, alas.

lloyd249 likes this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It was the RIGHT breast they used to remove not the left.
    It was 5:30AM and I had no coffee yet.:oops:
    greg

yourturntoloveit and lloyd249 like this.
  4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

She died with her head intact, she committed suicide by poison rather than be captured by the Romans. This is another coin from the website link I provided earlier. This is a Celtic Solar Horse, which looks like the one in the pin (the knobs for joints.) Solar Horse.jpg

Figtree3 and lloyd249 like this.
  5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Lloyd, I am in and out here due to caring for Unc, what is your turtle story about?

I can tell you I have three box turtles in the yard this year, always have seen one female that eats kitty kibble, but this year, I have two males and one female. In other words, a yard party.

yourturntoloveit and lloyd249 like this.
  6. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

i posted the story but i don't remember in this thread or not can some one direct marko to it

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Amazon is a word that incorporates an "alpha privative"... more or less using an "a" at the start of a word to give the word a sense of privation. The word comes from a-mazos, "mazos" being the Greek word for breast and the "a" added in front to indicate a lack thereof. Alpha privatives appear in other English words such as atypical, amoral, and atheist.

Messilane and yourturntoloveit like this.
  8. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

"Amorphous" is one of my favorite words. I find it lyrical, though one seldom reads it in poetry. ;)

lloyd249 likes this.
  9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Wow, MOS... that's coolio to know!

lloyd249 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  10. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I want to play, please. How about ANONYMOUS (without name)? :happy:

And ACARBOHYRATES (Atkins Diet)? :hilarious:

Ruedi, lloyd249 and SBSVC like this.
  11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Start a new thread! This is not the place.

(It's not the place for my post. Too much clutter in this thread!)

komokwa and lloyd249 like this.
  12. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Only 76 hundred & thirteen posts here.....there's bound to be some off topic action.....:meh:

lloyd249 and KingofThings like this.
  14. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

15. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek::nailbiting:
    Left breast, right breast, either one, it would have been simpler to invent a chest guard/protector.

KingofThings, Ruedi and lloyd249 like this.
  16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they did that...........

[​IMG]

& then they did it again......

[​IMG]

CUZ....welll.......you know..........

xsuper1.jpg

17. lloyd249

i will post it again for you, i hope you enjoy it.
    The Turtle That Went To The Seven-Eleven (With The Bright Lights)
    (based on a true story) by: Randy Kerr
    One day Vycki the turtle was swimming in her turtle shaped pool in the backyard of where she lives with her family, the Kerr's. She lives a good life with the Kerr's in a tank with plenty of food to eat, water to drink, , time to play ,and sometimes the family and friends would bring some bugs for her to eat, because she is a turtle, and she really like to eats bugs . Sometimes she would be let out to wander around the house .She was a pretty good climber and would climb up blankets draped over chairs and sleep for hours. Sometimes she would hide where nobody could find her, but she would always come out eventually.
    Her pool is a green turtle sandbox in the backyard, half full of water and she loves to swim in it all day long . The water was warm, the wind was blowing lightly, was a beautiful sunny Friday afternoon . Randy, Vycki's master , was fixing a bicycle in the backyard . when Randy's friend Scotty dropped by for a visit. Randy wanted to introduce Scotty to Vykye , he picked Vycki up out of her pool and showed her to Scotty .After awhile Randy put Vycki down gently in the grass, as they watched Vycki, Randy talked about the "Seven-Eleven, down the street with the bright lights,and how he likes to catch the big bugs the bright lights attract, and bring them home for Vycki to eat". Soon they went into the house and left Vycki alone in the yard, forgetting all about her.
    A little while later Randy remembered that he had left Vycki out of the pool in the grass, and thought that she might runaway, or get lost. He went out to the yard to find her but She was nowhere to be found, he looked all over the yard, in the neighbor yards, and on the roads, but he did not find her anywhere, she was gone. That afternoon Randy's friend Blair, and his dog Buck, came by for a visit. Blair asked Randy "why he was so sad,"? Randy told him about how he had "left Vycki out of her pool, and how she was missing now ".Well "Buck is pretty good at finding things," Blair said, "lets ask him to look for Vycki," . Randy asked Buck if he could "find Vycki," and Buck went right to looking for her, it was like he understood she was missing. He looked in the neighbor yards to the south, he looked next door to the west, he looked high, and he looked low, but he did not find Vycki. Blair wished Randy "best of luck with finding Vycki," and went home to pack because Blair, and Buck, were going to the lake the next day. Randy was beside himself with grief". Oh where could Vycki be,"? Randy asked himself.
    Vycki decided that she could walk to the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights, herself, and see if they have any big bugs for her to eat. She started to walk to the Seven-Eleven with the bright lights, but it was still daytime, and there were no bright lights to guide her. She didn't know the way to the Seven-Eleven with the bright lights. She looked around to see an ant hill, she started to walk towards it , as she approached the ant hill three army ants came out of the grass and surrounded her, "what is your business,"? they asked Vycki, "I'm walking to the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights," Vycki answers the ants," "but I don't know the way," "do you,"? Vycki asked the ants. The ants thought about it for a minute and replied, "no we don't know the way to the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights but maybe our queen does let us ask her,"said the ants. The ants went down the ant hole, a few minutes later they reappeared again with their Queen , "I don't know where this Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights is," the Queen ant told Vycki, "but I think the ladybug that lives on the plant on the other side of the fence must have flown by it several times because she is attracted to bright lights," "I'm sure she would know," "you could ask her," the Queen ant suggested. Vycki "thanked," the Queen ant, and then she ate her, the ants were shocked, and exclaimed "why did you eat our queen !,"? and Vycki replied, "because I'm a turtle and I eat bugs," and with that she ate all the ants and continued her journey to the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights.
    She went towards the fence hmm she thought "how will I ever get over that fence", she questioned. She walked along the fence until she came upon a hole in the fence, she squeezed through the hole and on the other side. Vycki spotted a ladybug crawling a plant on the other side of the yard. She started to cross the grassy yard, and on her way she met a worm .The worm was startled to see a turtle because he had never seen one before. "Who are you, and where are you going ?" asked the worm , "my name is Vycki and I'm going to the Seven-Eleven with the bright lights to eat some big bugs," Vycki replied. "I've never seen you in this yard before," remarked the worm , "what are you,"? He asks Vycki, " I'm a turtle," Vycki proudly replied, And I swim in the pool on the other side of the fence," She added ."Well that's very interesting," said the worm," but be very careful on your journey, because there is a old black crow on the wires over the road, she's tried to eat me before," warned the worm. "Thank you I'll be careful" Vycki said, then she ate the worm and continued on her journey to the Seven-Eleven with the bright lights.
    As she approached the plant she called to the lady bug to ask if she could tell her how to get to the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights?. What is the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights asked the ladybug , the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights is the place with lots of lights and really big bugs for me to eat ,well that's very interesting, said the ladybug ,but I am a bug are you going to eat me if I come down ? she asked .Why no I don't eat ladybugs Vycki replied .With that the ladybug flew down to the ground and told her how to get to the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights, she explained , you go past the fence over there and head towards the sun going down, I have seen them in the lights over there, thank you very much for showing me the way replied Vycki I will go that way, and off she went
    As she approached the fence a little voice sang out, "hello there neighbor," Vycki was startled, " who are you,"? Vycki asked. "I'm the magpie that lives in the trees with my mate," the magpie replied, "I've flown over you many times and have seen you swimming in your pool," said the magpie, "where're you going," ?asks the magpie, "I'm going to the Seven-Eleven with the bright lights to eat some big bugs," Vycki reply's," but I don't know how I'm going to get over this fence". The magpie thought about it for a minute and said, "I've an idea, my mate and I could give you a hand over the fence, you can lay on that piece of cloth on the ground over there and we'll lift you over the fence, and you can be on your way". Vycki thought that it was a good idea and crawled onto the piece of cloth on the ground. The magpies each took a side and lifted Vycki into the air and over the fence landing softly on the other side .Once they had landed Vycki told about,"an old black crow,". "We know about that old black crow" said the magpie's, "she chases us all the time, and sits on the poles across the street "said the magpie ."Oh my !" Vycki exclaims!, "how I'll ever get by her,"? she asks. The magpies thought about it for awhile, and talked among them selves for a minute, then came up with a idea, "we'll distract the old black crow by letting her chase us, and you'll run as fast as you can across the street and get to the other side safe and sound," said the magpie". "That all sounds good," Vycki said, "but I'm getting tired, and it's getting dark, could we do this in the morning,"? she asks, and magpies agree. Vycki looked around for a nice bush a few feet away to curl up under for the night. As the sun went down, Vycki could see the bright lights from the Seven-Eleven shinning behind the house across the street, and thought, "that must be the Seven-eleven with the bright lights, I'll make it tomorrow," as she tucked herself in her shell, and drifted off to sleep.
    The rising sun woke Vycki up bright and early the next day, she was really hungry, and wanted to get to the Seven-Eleven with the bright lights, to get some big bugs to eat. "Hello," she called out to the magpies, and they came flying to assist Vycki, Landing on the branch above her. "Are you ready to cross the road,"? The magpies asked,"? "Yes I'm ready," Vycki replied, "what would you have me do,"? She asks the magpie's. The magpie's had a plan "we'll distract the old black crow and fly to the other side of the neighborhood," said the magpie ."While we keep the old black crow busy you get across the road as fast as you can, but be careful of the storm drains on the side you could fall in and be swept away, it's early so there isn't many cars on the road , are you ready," the magpies asked, they all agreed and set out to put their the plan in action . The magpies flew straight up past the old black crow, she let out a loud "caw" and chased after the magpies. They flew as fast as they could to the other side of the neighborhood just like they planned and the old black crow followed them . They were young and flew too fast for the old black crow to catch them, and the magpie's knew it.Vycki seeing her chance, dashed towards the road, she makes it to the curb, and jumps down to the road, right beside the storm drain, almost falling in, she starts to cross the street, when suddenly she sees a car coming, she knows she needs to move fast . She makes it to the middle of the lane and the car passes over her, she continues to cross to the other side of the road, another car passes over her going in the other direction.She makes it to the other side of the road and lets out a "sigh" of relief . She looks around to see the curb is too high for her to climb, so she starts to walk a alongside of the curb until she reaches a gravel driveway where she climbs up and across to the sidewalk, the rocks were hard and sharp, and they scratched up her belly, but she was safe, for now.
    Vycki continued to walk towards, The Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights, that she had seen the night before. She came to a big brown fence, with an even bigger gate, and wondered how she would get past it. Suddenly a cricked jumped over her head, and landed on the grass beside her, he jumped again, landing on the other side of her, immediately he jumps again, "please stop jumping," Vycki asked the cricket, as he jumps again he replied, " I can't stop or you might try to eat me," "I 'll not eat you," Vycki promised the cricket, and the cricket stopped jumping. "Where are you going," asked the cricket,"? "I'm going to the Seven-Eleven with the bright lights, to get some big bugs," Vycki replied. "What is the problem," asks the cricket , "I don't know how I'll get by this fence," answers Vycki . "You can't get by this fence unless you can jump as high as I can," said the cricket jumping really high," I know a way through to the other side," suggests the cricket ", "but be careful, and watch out for the gang of alley cats that hangs out on the other side of the fence," the cricket warn Vycki . The cricket jumped to the next house and Vycki follows him . They came upon a wire fence with the corner torn out, Vycki squeezed herself through the hole and into the yard. Once she was in the yard she looked around to sees the cats at the other end of the yard," how will I ever get past them,"? she questions. Vycki asked the cricket if he had any ideas about how she could get by the alley cats, but all he suggested was to "slowly crawl along the fence until you reach the end of it," "well have a good day," and with that he jumped away. Vycki decided that was the best idea, slowly she edged her way along the fence trying not to get the alley cats attention.
    Randy awoke bright and early to look for Vycki, he looked everywhere, but she had not come home. "Where could Vycki be," he asked himself". Randy started to look in, under, and over, everything in the yard again . He looked under the car again, he looked under the neighbors cars again, he looked under the bush that Vycki had slept the night before, but she was already gone from that spot, sad fully he gave up and went home. A short time later Blair and Buck stopped by on their way to the lake, he had his big truck and trailer and it was parked across the street from Randy's house. Blair and Buck came into the yard and asked Randy "if Vycki had found her way home yet,"? Randy answered with a sad face "no". Blair suggested to Randy "to let get Buck have another look for her," "I guess," said Randy shrugging. Blair told Buck to go and look for Vycki, Buck ran around to all the places he had looked before, but he did not find Vycki,"well I'm off to the lake," Blair said, and off they drove in Blair's truck .
    Vycki was slowly inching her way along the fence towards the back alley, she had managed not to get the alley cats attention, so far, but she could see that the way was blocked by a pile of tin cans. She tried to squeeze between the tin cans and the fence but the tin cans fell making a loud crash as they hit the ground, and the alley cats came running. There was three of them, they like to bully the rest of the animals on the block. The leader was a three legged orange tiger stripped named Alfy his back leg was gone because of a car accident (he was sleeping under the hood of a car), and all he had was a stump, but he got along just fine. The second cats name was kevi he was green and gray and used to live at Randy's until he left home, the third cat was a mean old girl cat that liked to beat up male cats and some dogs also, her name was swordfish, she was little, but she was mean. They surrounded Vycki, and encircling her, staring at her, Vycki pulled her arms, legs, and head into her shell as far as she could, but she was afraid it wasn't enough, all of the sudden she hears a "woof woof " she looked up, it was buck, and he was chasing the cats away, and there was Blair, he picked her up and said, "I know some one that's been looking for you". Blair, and Buck, walked back to Randy's house because it was just down the street, and it would be easier than turning his big truck, and trailer, around to bring her home.
    Randy was back fixing his bicycle when he spotted Blair, and Buck, walking back towards his house, which seemed strange because they had just left there in a big truck and trailer full of stuff for the lake, he thought maybe the truck had broken down or something, but that wasn't it, as he came closer he held up his hand and asked, "are you looking for this," and in his hand he held Vycki. "Vycki !" Randy exclaimed, he was so happy to see her, oh my gosh where did you find her,?" Randy asked. Blair explained how "he was at the stop sign, and Buck spotted some alley cats circling around something in the alley, so we went to investigate what it was, after Buck chased the cats away, there was Vycki your turtle". "Oh Buck, you and Blair, are mine, and Vycki's hero's," Randy said, as he ran into the house to get a dog treat for Buck, and a sandwiches for Blair, to eat on his drive to the lake. Randy put Vycki into her turtle pool, and promised, never to let her out of his sight, or leave her alone in the yard again. Randy seen the scatches on her belly, and wondered " how did you get these," "you must have had quite an adventure," as he gave her some REALLY BIG BUGS, for her to eat, from the Seven-Eleven, with the bright lights. THE END (or is it ).
    Watch for Vycki's next adventures

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  18. evelyb30

Vicki moved to Connecticut, and a local street was hung with Turtle Crossing signs, just so she could go to the supermarket whenever she wanted. There aren't many 7-11s in my area.

19. lloyd249

she's Canadian , 7/11's there's two here ,both on the sask side the picture i took and drew was from my back porch looking at it .I have taken half the pics i need don't want to trespass ,have to ask to go through the yard yet

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  20. evelyb30

She's just lucky she didn't run into the local coyotes on her way. My sister has a family of them in her back yard. Thankfully they prefer chipmunks to turtles.

Draft saved Draft deleted