Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Here are some quick pics of the one I have. The title on the cover is different from the title on the title page. It's a good practice to use the title on the title page as the "official" title. (That's what we librarians do.)

001 (600x800).jpg

002 (600x800).jpg

003 (600x800).jpg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Found a few goodies today. I'll have to get a picture up when I get one taken. The computer's been acting up a bit, so I may use the tablet's built-in and do it that way.

3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Thank you Fig! :)

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Nice!

5. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Well I have bad news and good news. The bad news is I may have blown my budget and probably wont be buying the Mrs a Tiffany inkwell this year.

The good news is, I got this Welz Dresser Set. I don't like to post pics until I have the item in my grubby hands, but I couldn't wait to show it off LOL

Welz Dresser Set - I'm not 100% certain of the Decor yet Welz Set.jpg

I'm pretty sure there was once a matching tray for this (other dresser sets I have seen do) So, I will be on the lookout for a suitable tray.

cxgirl, Aquitaine, wenna and 6 others like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Oh, that's very nice, desperate!!

7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would be great with Southwest/Mexican décor!

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We'll still keep an eye out for the inkwell.....at least I will !!! :)

desperate_fun likes this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Just a few things to show of any interest.

Bought a box lot of silverware at my local auction for $20.00. The spoon at far left was identified in another thread as American coin silver with pseudo-marks for Benjamin Gurnee (1799-1864). The 4 spoons immediately to the right are Sterling by Rogers Lunt and Bowlen, Monticello pattern. The rest are plate with some of the most interesting at the bottom. Have been doing some polishing ;).
    stuff1189.jpg
    Picked up this old Maxfield Parrish, Twilight print at the thrift for $3.00.
    parrish.jpg

On back.....
    parrish5.jpg

Last find are these copper bookends by Craftsman Studios for $15.00.
    craftsman.jpg

10. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

The bookends are to die for! (swoon!)

11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

12. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Nice Parish print, Brad!

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

The bookends are very tasty .......btw,,,,,,,what are books ??? :confused:

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  14. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

OMGoodness, all these great finds! That charm bracelet, that Kabana cuff, that ink well.... I have a few blings to upload, but I haven't done it yet.... I did find this at a local thrift shop. It is a little beat up, a few stains? tears on the inside, but it was love at first sight. This is a silk robe, made in Japan the label says, for Stern Brothers. I hesitated, trying to decide whether to spend the $4, but the it said all pajamas were 50% off, so it was only $2. 20160221_124147 (350x640).jpg 20160221_123954-1 (384x640).jpg

Pat P, Figtree3, KingofThings and 5 others like this.
  15. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH, I bet you'll feel like a Geisha wearing that... or are you reselling it?

KingofThings likes this.
  16. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Actually, I researched shadow boxes today to display it in.... I am probably going to hammer a nail into my bedroom wall and hang it up. :) It is nice and does fit, though.... I can't stop looking at it.

17. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  18. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

19. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Great idea, Mill! My sister-in-law does that with her collection of kimonos...she stains cheap wooden dowels, and they're beautiful.

Edit
    In fact, she found an old display rod set-up (probably used for displaying rugs or textiles) to hang many kimonos... she can vary which is displayed.

20. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Nice haul Brad! I've yet to find a reasonably priced Maxfield Parrish.

Draft saved Draft deleted