Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

2. lloyd249

have to find a little sombrero

KingofThings likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Now I do !! :eek:

KingofThings likes this.
  4. lloyd249

lol you see my dilemma

5. komokwa

I see more than that !!!!:woot::woot:

KingofThings and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. lloyd249

and they weren't exactly mexicans either

KingofThings likes this.
  7. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

@lloyd I think you vase is Fratelli Fanciullacci Italy 1903-1980 (Brothers Fanciullacci). They used the FF mark on their pottery. The photograph is to blurry to be 100% sure. The mark is on page 83 of Walter Del Pellegrino's book.

KingofThings and cxgirl like this.
  8. lloyd249

the marks may be right but theirs is quality work this thing is crappy sort of like something made in school art class with a pencil to poke it and a blade to dig and cut for the curves around the flowers and birds, and the inside has ridges from hand work like on a potters wheel.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. lloyd249

don't get me wrong i like crappy looking lol ( did you see my cd stand yeesh ) it's uuugggllyyy but i like it, it's unique

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    KingofThings likes this.
  10. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

Mixed lot of silver plate catalogued as such together with an art deco style lamp and with an estimate of £40-50. At the front, boxed, mint, was a 1950 London import hallmark Georg Jensen 21 pattern small serving spoon. Box marked Georg Jensen but with top of box facing down. DW spotted it at the preview and we thought we'd bid today but not expect to get it given that the silver dealers would snap it up. Cost us £20 + buyers premium, no other bidders, think we might have overpaid! ;)

11. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

I actually have new stuff!
    Yesterday I got a little yellow McCoy pot with attached saucer for just under $2 - no chips, no cracks, no crazing. Not much value either, but still . . .

And a couple of weeks ago I found a small MidSilCraft, reticulated, basket.
    That one will take me weeks to polish - my hands have been nearly useless lately so I can only work on it for a few minutes at a time.
    Not much value in that one either, but it's nice to have new stuff.
    :happy:

KingofThings, cxgirl, Pat P and 4 others like this.
  12. komokwa

but it's nice to have new stuff.

that should be our mantra..!!!:singing::singing::singing:

13. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

14. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Muy linda!

KingofThings likes this.
  15. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice Missilane. I think the McCoy Planter Pots are starting to have interest with buyers again. I had one here for years and last spring (I think) I sold it after noticing that other sellers were able to sell their similar pots.

Anywhoo- nice finds and it is always nice to find new stuff. Can't have enough nice stuff is my motto.
    :)

KingofThings, Pat P and Messilane like this.
  16. lloyd249

yes, until you have to move , then it's too much stuff lol
    check out this blanket made of men's ties i won (the right to buy) from the thrift store silent auction .

Attached Files:

17. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Lloyd,
    I gave 125+ silk ties to the church ladies sewing guild. They made a wonderful blanket out of them that raffled off over a thousand bucks. I retired from work and them only needed 10 to 15 ties not the over 200 hundred I had. Some were my fathers ties as well as a few uncles.
    greg

18. lloyd249

hi greg , i tried to talk my 15 year old daughter into making some more sections ,went down to the thrift store and bought all the ties twice she didn't go for it too much work even with my electric sew machine (modern one lol) now i''m stuck with a couple bags of ties lol i will just donate them back . i also collect ties for amusement have a coke cola one ,and christmas ones,halloween ones also. and a monopoly one i forgot about
    Randy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  19. komokwa

You had 200 Hundred ties.....even I never had that many !! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

KingofThings likes this.
  20. lloyd249

it doesn't take as many as one would think to make a blanket or quilt

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted