Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Thank you
    This one is "PAT APPL'D FOR"

2. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

You're welcome, Terry. At that moment I had that particular Thuro at my elbow because of Sharon's lamps making it no trouble to do a quick peek to spot yours.

>"PAT APPL'D FOR"<

Hmmmm.... this probably means your lamp dates no later than Sep 1911, the first patent date.

--- Susan

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. 'Nuff_Said

'Nuff_Said Well-Known Member

@Baker, Komo & Sharona...thank you!

Nice lamps, Sharon!

4. 'Nuff_Said

Brad, that label on the stopper appears to be remnants of an old tax stamp. At left, highlighted by the red arrow, are remnants of an inscriptions (illegible) written in pen and brown ink. I've searched and searched but cannot find a similar example of the flask/bottle/decanter anywhere.

LABEL 001-000001.jpg

LABEL 003-001.JPG

BLACK AND WHITE.JPG

mymysharona43 likes this.
  5. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

I was at a sale the other day, a lady was trying to push her Fiesta wares on to the customer. The customer says "got any of your grandma's Asian antiques"...

kentworld likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I generally tell sellers like that "I'm after the stuff you tossed 20 years ago because it was old and out of style."(LOL)

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  7. 'Nuff_Said

Lol! What was the vendor's response?

A $55 lot...

Chinese Sancai glazed vase and those vintage 12 inch stem roses were sold as "silverplate and plastic" (amber and sterling). :D

VINTAGE FINDS 004-001.JPG

VINTAGE FINDS 003-001.JPG

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Beautiful vase/lamp base, 'Nuff! Do you plan to de-electrify it?

9. mymysharona43

She said No then went back to pushing the Fiesta ware
    That lamp is gorgeous! and another thing I would not have guessed on those flowers...

10. 'Nuff_Said

@Baker, thank you and already did. The folks who collect these types of items care nothing about the later lamp fixtures/fittings, all the value is in the vase itself which is late-19th/early-20th C.

@Sharona, thank you! The mark (925) is very small and I believe these are much older and larger than the couple on eBay and what I've found so far online. Also, the ones I found online and eBay have honey amber buds, these buds are butterscotch/egg yolk amber.

11. 'Nuff_Said

LARGE (60 inch) vintage 1970s oil on board, $20. I don't believe the artist (Sokol) is listed, but the look is very nice and modern. Great decorative wallfiller for a home gym, rec-room, etc.

(sorry about the poor image, taken outdoors)
    VINTAGE FINDS 001-001.JPG

mymysharona43 likes this.
  12. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Nuff, that vase/lamp is absolutely gorgeous. I realize you are selling it, if I was the buyer, I would be sorely tempted to keep it as is. What a lamp that would make! It is absolutely stunning.

13. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I always enjoy seeing all the pretty finds that are posted, (even though I rarely comment on them ... sorry!) I keep forgetting to gather my stuff together for group photos to post here too.

Here's some stuff from the past week or so (not including today's stuff :) ) Nothing over ten dollars and most around a buck or so ....

Nymphenburg - alas, not perfect ... one tip of tail is missing
    P1070961(1).JPG

Lalique opalescent Honfleur bowl - has tiny shallow flake on edge ... but I still find it beautiful
    P1070951(1).JPG

loop and dart celery (non-flint), pressed leaf (all flint) cordials (?) egg cups (?) (still have some research to do)... not shown 9 'matching' goblets - (7 flint, 2 non-flint), flint blue stopper for cologne bottle (I'm guessing on this) ... was a few cents - I liked the color, plus the pristine condition almost exact (mine was yellow and black) jelly-jar-drinking-glass that I had as a young child ... it brought back so many good memories I just had to have it!
    P1070964(1).JPG

some Johnson Brothers flow blue with 1895/6 registration number, Mercer tile from Doylestown, PA - dated (in pencil on back) 1934, some old curtain tie-backs (still researching)
    P1070965(1).JPG

fairly recent (mid-to-late 1980's) hallmarked sterling frames from England ... not heavy solid sterling front and back - just a thick sheet on the front over velvet ... but nice all the same ... especially at a dollar each!
    P1070966(1).JPG

and finally, some of the older jewelry, including my first Haskell piece (the floral pin)
    P1070967(1).JPG

14. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

Wonderful finds quirkygirl! Love the Nymphenburg piece especially. And those frames! Wow, so many of them :)

15. mymysharona43

WOW what a haul! You must be in one of those good shopping zones lol

16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Blimey. I've sold those frames for over sixty dollars here. Well done.

komokwa likes this.
  17. 'Nuff_Said

Thank you and I know what you mean. But majority of the buyers (most Asian/Chinese) who will have interest in this item would much rather have it stripped down...

SANCAI VASE 001-001.jpg

Saves money on the shipping cost and this is something they're going to do anyway once received (strip it!). I saved the Peking glass finial which is of no real value, just a cool looking period piece.

Pat P, mymysharona43 and komokwa like this.
  18. 'Nuff_Said

@Quirky, those are some awesome finds you have there....very nice!!!

19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's some sweet stuff. @Nuff - don't count that finial out either. People will pay for a nice one.

20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I never saw anything like those roses!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted