Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Thanks Bakersgma!

I wish I had gotten them a few weeks ago; the bottom one would have been a perfect seller for St. Patrick's Day!

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have to agree with Sue, those bar pins are wonderful.
    greg

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The two bottom bar pins have a very Victorian look. All three are beautiful!

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The top pin's Victorian too, but it has British Arts & Crafts' fingerprints all over it. Ruthie like. I'd have a hard time selling that one!

Figtree3 and tie.dye.cat like this.
  5. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

tie.die.cat -

Those bar pins and that bracelet are amazing! What great finds. Congrats on both!

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  6. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! It has been a dry spell forever and a day, so it was nice to actually catch something good.

I'm not familiar with British arts and crafts....off to do some looking around!

7. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Went out today and stopped by the local TS. These are my favorite things from the bunch. I apologize for the photos and dirty items - it is raining today and my photo area is packed with other items. I just wanted to share these before they went off to inventory land.

Culver Glass Tray - about $4.00.

[​IMG]

AH Wexford Punch Bowl and cereal bowls (?) - very surprised that there are no chips, but there are not. $8.00 for all.

[​IMG]

My first piece of Iittala Ultima Thule - $1.00:

[​IMG]

And then this, which I think is so fun and funky - I'm pretty sure it is from the 70's. Would it be considered a diorama? Or dome? Both? This was a $1.25.

[​IMG]

Happy Pickin'! Funky.

8. evelyb30

101_0046.JPG I went to a local senior living center today. Periwinkle is my weakness, and this followed me home for 50 cents. No clue whodunnit, but I don't think it's worth a lot.
    101_0056.JPG
    Blind luck find of the day. They had some menswear with half price tags. These were on a Hartford Gun Club skeet shooting vest. The two small pins are sterling and are for 25 and 50 years of membership. The big one is for a championship. No clue what I'll do with them.

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The periwinkle pot is so pretty. Are those cherries?

10. evelyb30

11. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

evelyb30, looks like Nelson McCoy pottery

12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

tie-dye those pins are wonderful!
    funkey, you found some great items! I love that Culver glass tray.

13. evelyb30

14. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Marko I looked but did not see it, I did see one without a stem that was similar
    I love that OLD jewelry too those bar pins are neat! I have had a few like the second one in the past but that top one is nice
    Cool finds Funky good to see ya back
    Neat bracelet tie dye never seen those before
    Nuff that head sure looks old...

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  15. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

0319 gurley.jpg
    This was in a box I'd normally get for $3.00

But two other people showed up that knew the D&H mark.

Hard to get much at auctions here lately.

16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Talking of brooches: this was described as Victorian, but it's much older. Late 18th/early 19th. Has some repairs, and too fragile to wear I think, but a lovely piece of history. Some upper class gentlewoman made this by hand in memory of a loved one. I bought it for about $17.

401A - Copy.jpg 401B - Copy.jpg

17. evelyb30

((glorp)) Georgian it is. That's a score. I'd put that in a shadow box frame and hang it on a wall.

18. Ownedbybear

Ooh. Hadn't thought of that. Nice idea.

19. evelyb30

The clasp looks good and sturdy, and gravity would definitely hold it shut. It looks like someone used fishing line to re-attach all the pearls to the mother of pearl backing at some point, or at least old nylon beading cord. It doesn't look too trustworthy.

20. Ownedbybear

Yes, a somewhat amateur repair job is obvious from the back. ;) I think the original stringing was horsehair - there's still a fair bit of it.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted