Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Pickings have been a bit slim. Just a few things to show. Otherwise, have been buying more glassware and some tableware. Most notably is a set of 10 Libbey Rock Sharpe, Normandy wine glasses ($2.50 for all) and some Russel Wright dishes. (4 dinner plates for $3.00 and a creamer for free).

This 3" paperweight was $3.00.
    thriftglass80.jpg

I am not a big fan of most Fenton but it continues to sell well. This little hand-painted rose bowl was $2.00.
    thriftglass79.jpg

This little bullfighter and bull on a lucite stand is only 2" long. Seems to be sterling but it is not marked. The figures pop right out of the base and I was able to polish it from its blackened state. The detail is incredible, given the size. I assume a souvenir from Spain. I was able to find the same bullfighter as a charm but no other example of this little sculpture. Bought for $1.00.
    thriftart31.jpg

Found this SBCD pottery vase for $3.00. Pottery has a pretty good following for being modern. Will post over at PGP with more information and a question.
    thriftpot47.jpg

cxgirl, kentworld, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

We were in the UK for 3 weeks and this morn just had our first US breakfast of eggs and toast-tasted like chewable styrofoam.
    My lady and I looked at each other as we were eating and agreed-it tasted like the ghost of food.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Is that a mark at the end of the matador's cape?

Debora

verybrad likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

It is not. I have carefully looked over both pieces with a magnifying glass.

cxgirl likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I went to a Lions Club community sale today. Outdoors on the town green with allegedly 26 people signed up. It turned out to be 26 slots. One was a lady with a ton of jewelry - all brand harry spankers. Darnitt. I only spent $8 total, $1 on a fleece throw that went straight to the craft room. The rest was on a Monet pin that's pretty but no great whoop. The other two pieces..one sterling chain, and one 18k. The gold chain only weighs 2 grams, but I wasn't arguing.

After hitting a walk-in to make sure that the crud I have is just crud, I found a small sale in my own neighborhood and spent another $3 on a Christmas gift for a friend.

Boland and komokwa like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The lemon pound cake wasnt too shabby either ! I landed in Albany 185 lbs and left weighing 200 ! Teds Fish fry in Troy didnt help either . I was addicted to that place .

komokwa and NanaB like this.
  7. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

2 awesome comics from 1970 and 1972! 20240928_173419.jpg 20240928_173356.jpg

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

There is an amazing pizza place in Albany in what my sister & I deemed a small sketchy area. Better than any borough or NYC pizza either of us have ever had. The cupcakes oh they were good.

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the 15 cent , looks the better !

johnnycb09 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted