Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Good idea for our next one!

cxgirl likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Almost! They'd be almost gone anywhere near me. The Earl Gray too.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

4. evelyb30

And proper scones. Not the American ones.

5. Ownedbybear

Oh, quite. I had “scones” included in an afternoon tea in Glendale once. They were the size of a quarter.

And the cream was squirty.

kentworld likes this.
  6. evelyb30

The ones I see are the size of croissants, and somewhat sweet.

7. Ownedbybear

8. evelyb30

They're OK as long as you're not looking for scones, but otherwise not that great.

9. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

I had a good weekend! Here's 2 baskets mislabeled as bottom and lid. One's from Arizona, the other Aslaska. $5 each:

IMG_1692.jpeg

A Chinese plate and a Mexican piggy: $2 and $1.50:

IMG_1690.jpeg

3 Mexican tiles and a fourth one where there are old match boxes glued between two of them, all still full of old matches. $2 total:

IMG_1691.jpeg

An interesting old picture and frame: $2:

IMG_1693.jpeg

Old marbles $2:

IMG_1694.jpeg

And probably my favorite, Speedline metal roller skates (with key!). The bearings in the wheels still spin clean and long. $8:

IMG_1695.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 8:20 PM
    crowleys, mirana, Bronwen and 5 others like this.
  10. evelyb30

Glass-topped Ball jar! I used to love those for canning and still like them. The baskets were the score of the week!

Potteryplease likes this.
  11. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

good haul Pottery:) I love the match holder, very handy thing to have

12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I haven't posted anything here for a long time, so here are a few items from the last several months.
    My favourite find is the Viking Glass candy dish, the colour is beautiful, more of a red than what shows in the photo. It is quite heavy, almost 5lbs, so no worries of a cat knocking it off the table
    Green CopCo Denmark enamel cast iron dutch oven - goes with my red and yellow ones:)
    I always pick-up the Royal Albert tea and coffee pots, I get $85-$95 locally, so no shipping works for me. I usually find one a week.
    Sherman brooch and necklace - the double flower brooch is harder to find, sold pretty quickly
    Le Creuset whistling kettle, love the blue colour. I didn't know they made stuff like this.
    Kellogg's promotional alarm clock from 1991. The plastic has yellowed but the alarm worked fine (the rooster crowing)
    nice sterling ring from Finland, in a bag with costume pieces

DSCF1722.jpeg DSCF1851.jpeg DSCF1867.jpeg DSCF2294.jpeg DSCF2057.jpeg DSCF2597.jpeg DSCF3140.jpeg DSCF2661.jpeg

kentworld, RachelW, mirana and 4 others like this.
  13. evelyb30

I like that cast iron pot and the tea kettle. The ring doesn't ring my chimes, but don't show it to Bear.

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

corn flakes clock........who doesn't need that in your kitchen !!!????:woot::woot:

15. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

This weekend's finds

Amber Chip necklace and a crystal set in silver, should be amethyst but isn't gem testing high. 10 euros for the two.

IMG_20240917_180227.jpg

Vintage jewelry/vanity box. One panel has come off but I have the piece to glue back on. 4 euros. Can't decide if this is 30s, 50s, or somewhere in between. The glass itself is in pristine condition!

IMG_20240917_180016.jpg

And finally my prize. Spent the last two weekends selling at carboot sales and earned 220 euros mostly off of jewelry (rave!), so decided I could 'splurge' on this fish vase for 22 euros. Signed les grottes dieulefit, this auction describes it as 50s. Again, in stunning condition! I had to have it when I saw it.

IMG_20240917_180048.jpg IMG_20240917_180118.jpg

mirana, crowleys and kentworld like this.
  16. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

I would proudly display that clock in my kitchen!

komokwa and RachelW like this.
  17. Ownedbybear

Someone knows my ring taste FAR too well.

I had a box like that mirrored one, but in much worse condition. Think I decided it was thirties.

RachelW and mirana like this.
  18. evelyb30

Rachel - the pendant has a garnet in it, looks like, rather than amethyst.

19. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Oh interesting, can garnets be purple? this one is definitely purple.

20. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

cowee garnet - Copy - Copy.jpg
    North Carolina rhodolite garnet can be purple.

RachelW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted