Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

I think it’s adorable

bercrystal and stracci like this.
  2. Satin In A Coffin

Satin In A Coffin Well-Known Member

I do too! Very appealing

bercrystal likes this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I would have grabbed him just because he is so well done. :happy::happy:

Sometimes it is better to be lucky to be in the right place at the right time regardless of the reason!! :smuggrin::smuggrin:

I'll bet the person running that listing is trying to figure out why they are suddenly getting all these views of their item. When I clicked on it, there were 30 views in the last 24 hours. ;):rolleyes::hilarious::hilarious:

johnnycb09, Potteryplease and Bronwen like this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@evelyb30 - According to Terapeak 5 of them have sold in the last 2 years in this color for an average price of $239.00. :happy::happy:

Not a bad profit margin!! :smuggrin::smuggrin:

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those are on my wish list. An owl cat. Perfect.

johnnycb09, bercrystal and Bronwen like this.
  6. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

As soon as you said blue, green, and italian I knew you'd found a Bitossi! From sold listings, it does look like the animals sell better. In the states there is a dealer who loves his work and sells pieces for decent money.

johnnycb09 and Bronwen like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Wish I could sell it to him.:smuggrin: There's enough profit in it for me to sell cheap and both of us to make some.

johnnycb09 and RachelW like this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

SCORE!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I don't often go out looking anymore but since the thrift store was right across the street from the diner where I had lunch with my daughter…
    I was very pleased to come across this 1920s glass bead "flapper bag"! Missing the lining and the remaining dangly bits at the bottom need rearranging but otherwise in very good condition. :)

IMG_2672.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg

Marko, Bronwen, Houseful and 11 others like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

OOh. Bear likes!

I got to an actual estate sale this weekend. There was a tag sale I wanted to hit today too, at way too early o'clock. I figured if I didn't go they'd have it, and if I did it would be postponed. It wasn't postponed. On the way home I went looking for randoms, and found silver jewelry for not much. Found a bit of gold too Took some pix, but they're still in my camera.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
  11. whitedogsales

whitedogsales New Member

johnnycb09 likes this.
  12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome, @whitedogsales, and thank you for joining us! You'll get more attention for your query if you start a new thread in the Furniture forum.

Debora

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  13. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Good find this week. Big piece from the 30s. Was at the Goodwill downstate that I only hit once a month or so. Was priced high at $60.00 (by thrift store standards) but in great condition. I am guessing the label caused them to price this high and wonder what it might have been if it had not had it. On the other hand, the high price probably kept it on the shelf long enough for me to find it.

20240817_155459~2.jpg 20240817_155520~2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2024
    kyratango, Marko, Lucille.b and 13 others like this.
  14. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Brad that is a beauty.

cxgirl, johnnycb09 and verybrad like this.
  15. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Wish it wasn't brown...... Other colors are more attractive but I guess I can't be too picky when buying at rock-bottom prices.

cxgirl, bercrystal and johnnycb09 like this.
  16. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Brown isnt my favorite color either but in that case Id gladly deal with it. Gorgeous vase.

Lucille.b, cxgirl and verybrad like this.
  17. johnnycb09

Some from the backlog...
    1st up ,I think a Maori club (?) . Rather weighty and very tactile so why not .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MCM glass decanter,possibly Italian
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Herend figurine,but I cant find one like it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boland, Houseful, kentworld and 7 others like this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

19. johnnycb09

Marko, NanaB, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  20. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

You have.....or expect ... Invaders ???:eek::eek::playful::playful::playful:

what size is it ?

Marko and cxgirl like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted