Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

lovewrens, Houseful, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

that would be a big no no !
    Davey likely surrender it to the local constabulary ....

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I've only see them with Christmas Trees, this one is beautiful Lucille:)

lol, that must have been a surprise to find:)

4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

@Houseful
    Finally felt guilty enough to get the ring out and photo it. Quite large: top is 7/8 inch by half inch wide. Quite a lot of 14k gold in the setting as it is a fairly deep stone.

smoky quartz ring 3.jpg smoky quartz ring 1.jpg smoky quartz ring 2.jpg smoky quartz ring.jpg

5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

@cxgirl
    ...and while I was at it, I photographed the Strawberry Hill pottery pieces (at least that's what I think they are!). The large one -- ptarmigan? -- was a wedding present (1980) and the smaller one I picked up somewhere along the way as I recognized the eye design. Sorry about the blurry photo of the marks -- the mark on the big one is not impressed very clearly.

strawberry hill pottery.jpg strawberry hill pottery 1.jpg strawberry hill pottery 2.jpg

stracci, lovewrens, cxgirl and 9 others like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

daveydempsey likes this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These are the times I am glad that someone like @daveydempsey finds these types of things. I know from his past comments that illegal-to-own items are turned over to the local authorities & the other items are handled responsibly so that they don't end up in the wrong hands. JMHO

cxgirl, Marko, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  8. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I really like to imagine her going about getting the license and telling the police her reason. "I'm going to shoot rapists and then club them and stab them." Sounds fine, mum. Carry on. Secure storage? Under the bed. Right, just sign here.

I bet she had some stories to tell! She looks like a firecracker to me. :D

This is really well done! I really like it.

Sooo cute. Love these designs!

cxgirl, kentworld and daveydempsey like this.
  9. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Doubtful, but that bang-bang will find a new home readily enough. Not sure of the UK laws or the legality of owning a billy club. Or whatever that club was. I wouldn't want to be hit with it.

11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I don't even know the laws here in regards to a find like that....I imagine the gun would have to be turned in to the police.

cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Regarding guns, we had an estate sale runner who showed guns on the site of a sale he was running.
    The police came in and told him no guns could be sold.

Police came back a few hours later and he was still selling guns. They arrested him.

13. komokwa

on the other hand...... Canadian friends who've had a home in Maine for decades....went to New Hampshire, and found a popular picnic spot to enjoy lunch..
    a dozen or so picnic tables.....& one was available ........ but when they sat down, they noticed that at every other table there..... most all of the folks were carrying AR-15s or wearing handguns !!
    They felt so ill at ease......they got up and left !!

14. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

No open carry in NJ.

cxgirl, pearlsnblume, NanaB and 2 others like this.
  15. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't know which is worse: knowing that people around me are armed; not knowing who around me might be armed.

16. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

In Connecticut, you can "open carry" with the proper permit. I'd rather see it, because here a person carrying openly is the least likely to shoot of anyone. (he's safer than the cops probably!) The guy with the gun hidden... watch out.

johnnycb09 and Bronwen like this.
  17. komokwa

watch the final shootout scene in UNFORGIVEN..........then tell me how safe you feel in a room full of guys carrying guns on their hips.

johnnycb09, cxgirl and Bronwen like this.
  18. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Most definitely not allowed, its an Italian Beretta Machine gun pistol, used by the Italian cops and military in the late 70's.
    Now surrendered to the police, the truncheon is probably foreign too, its not UK police.
    The knife is a fish gutter used on trawlers.

stracci, bercrystal, cxgirl and 7 others like this.
  19. komokwa

I hate to say it...but I'll bet that pistol was worth a pretty penny !!

20. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Ooh lovely, good match to my pendant. I’ve found a nice long silver gilt chain for the pendant much nicer than the one it was on when I found it in the Charity Shop. Mines an inch and a quarter long and just over half an inch at its widest.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    kentworld, bercrystal, Marko and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted