Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think all of these dolls are 1990s and later, or the painted ones with the cottonwood bases anyway.

Rave: went out early to beat the heat and bought some unmarked hollow handle butter knives. They test positive for sterling. I just wish I'd found the rest of the set! The knives cost me.... $2. Very plain 1960s, but the tarnish rubbed off easily with a thumb.

Marko, kentworld, Ownedbybear and 3 others like this.
  2. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comment. Also the knives sounds like a very good find. Well done..

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Satin In A Coffin

Satin In A Coffin Well-Known Member

Neat Peddler's doll Davey! I usually think of them more of a craft for an older retired person then a school kid, but it's always possible. A good way to show off a collection of miniatures.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Agreed, that’s a much later doll. The fabric is a huge clue.

cxgirl likes this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Now, I have a smoky quartz cocktail ring of my mother's that would match that to a "T!"

komokwa, cxgirl and Houseful like this.
  6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

This is the largest piece of smoky quartz I’ve ever found.

cxgirl and komokwa like this.
  7. evelyb30

I've seen bigger chunks, but not in a pendant setting. Or any setting.

Marko likes this.
  8. evelyb30

Goodies from the past few weeks. A chunk of spinach bakelite is currently attached to some large-hole older green glass beads. Currently. They're headed for divorce. The glass beads look like Japanese foiled glass; they're opalite blue-ish and brown in person with a moonstone finish. Not dragon's breath but I'm not sure what else to call them. No clasp. The plate has a small pile of sterling including a ring with synthetic opal and some Indian earrings. Russian box with oriignal $30 price tag. Paid about a buck. The donkey beads appear genuine; they were in a "junk" jewelry jar I paid $10 for.

THe yellow necklace was billed as for pieces, but it's intact signed Vendome!

Today's goodies include a piece of Royal Worcester from last weekend. Cost a whole dollar. It has a tiny nibble out of one edge, but for a buck whatever. Sterling earrings that have been in my purse for a month. THey have gold accents and little lab opals. Poquette Designs. The ring is marked sterling and has a tiny ruby. $4. The black earrings are most likely gold and onyx. I need to go over them for marks. The decanter has its own Glass thread started. Not signed. No idea whodunnit, but it has a pile of handwork on it and it's mouth blown. The Royal Worcester signed shell candy dish is a candy dish. Paid a whole dollar for that too.

DSCF9887.JPG DSCF9888.JPG DSCF9889.JPG DSCF9890.JPG DSCF9891.JPG

stracci, Marko, johnnycb09 and 5 others like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u bin busy.....
    like the box and what looks like an amber pendant !

johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. evelyb30

This is prime time hunting season for my area. (and yes, amber, but heat-treated) The sales stop dead in July, so I've been getting while the getting is good. I'm just praying this Saturday doesn't do physical damage.

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

be careful............be smart !!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  12. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Nice little piece of Royal Worcester blush ivory -- for a buck! Yowser have prices dropped!

johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. evelyb30

The seller cleans out storage units or some such. I left behind a modern Beleek swan, looked like a higher-end Chinese-made swan except for the mark, but nabbed the antique Worcester. The piece I grabbed is probably only $40 worth these days, if that, but at that price I just grabbed and ran.

14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Ive got a sugar bowl and creamer that looks like your Worcester dish.Somewhere around here. Found this box today and you all know how I love a box. I almost passed on it but it sure smells like cedar so I figured why not ? Its 10 inches tall,10 inches deep and 15 inches wide.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bookahtoo, kentworld, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  15. evelyb30

Pretty jewelry box, AND you've got the lock. Nice.

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  16. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Looks to be in nice condition too. Enjoy your finds.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  17. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Two nice purses Wednesday. The beaded one a whole lot older and nicer but the tapestry one is a goodie too :)

Purses.jpg

Bookahtoo, lovewrens, Marko and 4 others like this.
  18. evelyb30

((hides beaded purse in case Bear's Smaug instincts kick up.))

bercrystal and johnnycb09 like this.
  19. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think I’ve lost a couple of bags, did anyone find them….?

20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Houseful and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted