Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they're easily found on the web..... from $50...to $115 US....plus shipping....
    & I'll be darned if I didn't want to hang them myself..... @Rayo56 would !!!:playful::playful::playful:

. Image 2024-04-09 at 12.03 AM.jpeg Image 2024-04-09 at 12.04 AM.jpeg

Marko, johnnycb09, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  2. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Nice little sculpture-- any signature?

Boland, Marko and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

Marko, cxgirl and kentworld like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I'd call that a score!

Marko, cxgirl and komokwa like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have grabbed the duck stamp prints here, but a Native piece by a female sculptor? For $2???? Kthanksbye!

Boland, Marko, mirana and 1 other person like this.
  6. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

A charity shop find yesterday - pretty little Turkish mirror. It's stamped SAMI 925 but they missed that, though it did take me a while to find! Measures about 6.5 x 5 inches. There is a little bit of damage on a small piece of the edge - looks like it has been dropped or maybe fell off the wall but for £3 I'm not complaining!

! 20240411_113949.jpg 20240411_114203.jpg 20240411_113845.jpg

johnnycb09, cxgirl, mirana and 4 others like this.
  7. komokwa

Happy Belated Birthday Lucy !!:happy:

LucyLocket likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Picked up Wednesday. Not Antique, sold at Restoration Hardware in the 1990s. But for $45 it was a good buy.

Together.jpg TakenApart.jpg

Silver plate zeppelin (or blimp) cocktail shaker. Looks even better now, after taking pictures I polished it up :)

Boland, Marko, Potteryplease and 8 others like this.
  9. komokwa

It's lovely...... & classy !

Did u forget the age old warning about taking photo's of a reflective surface...?

At least you're not in your PJ's ... :playful::playful::playful:

Boland, Marko and bercrystal like this.
  10. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Yea, I thought about Photoshopping myself out. But since I was decent I thought why bother :D

11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I’ve got that very blimp.

johnnycb09 and mirana like this.
  12. evelyb30

I've seen it before. Not an antique but I bet it sells lickety-split.

Went hunting today and spent a grand total of $5 . A thrift store had their Winter duds at $5/bag. Found a jacket for me, a pajama top, a t-shirt, one for the donation pile, and a Pendelton wool blazer for my sister. She got top score but I'm allergic to wool and it's 3 sizes too small.

johnnycb09 and mirana like this.
  13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

very nice piece komokwa, great score:) wow on the price!

Boland, Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  14. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

some of the goodies I found over the last little while.
    I've never seen enamel Fiesta before, made in 2012
    Recents - 2 of 2.jpeg Recents - 1 of 2.jpeg

sterling from VV, bowl was $2.99, the spoons were in a bag of plate flatware for $5.99

Recents - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg

Recents - 1 of 1.jpeg
    2 cast iron skillets made for T Eaton Co (Canadian department store now closed), one straight-line mark (1920s-30s), the other the diamond mark (1930s-60s)

Recents - 1 of 1 (2).jpeg
    Recents - 1 of 1.jpeg

Recents - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg

a couple of Moorcroft ashtrays that I hesitated on because they were ashtrays, but they sold surprisingly quickly

Recents - 1 of 1.jpeg

this was best find from a local auction site - a blurry photo of a bunch of My Little Ponies with the description 'a bunch of ponies and extra stuff', took a chance for $5.00 as my granddaughter loves them. Went to pick them up and the lady comes out with the nursery in original box from 1985 with all the accessories, the ponies are from the 1980s. Felt badly as everything is in fabulous condition and I won them for such a low price - I only had $30 cash on me which she didn't want to take, but when I explained I would have bid that amount if I had known about the nursery being included she finally did:) Recents - 1 of 1.jpeg

15. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Some cool finds today!

2 fish, modern but cute. Will be great for a karaf of wine at lunch or maybe olive oil and vinegar in the kitchen. 2 euros for the pair.
    The frosted vase comes up as 1930s, it's rather lovely with no serious flaws. 3 euros.
    The find of the day has to be the TG Green Gripstand mixing bowl. 5 euros was a touch steep with the nasty chip, but the cashier wouldn't budge on it.
    imresizer-1712927437282.jpg imresizer-1712927479117.jpg imresizer-1712927553123.jpg imresizer-1712927601629.jpg

16. RachelW

Some cool finds today!

2 fish, modern but cute. Will be great for a karaf of wine at lunch or maybe olive oil and vinegar in the kitchen. 2 euros for the pair.
    The frosted vase comes up as 1930s, it's rather lovely with no serious flaws. 3 euros.
    The find of the day has to be the TG Green Gripstand mixing bowl. 5 euros was a touch steep with the nasty chip, but the cashier wouldn't budge on it.
    View attachment 480345 View attachment 480347 View attachment 480381 View attachment 480382

17. komokwa

I see yer not doing so bad yourself !!!!
    good silver find....and the ashtrays.....so cute....& I doubt they were ever used they look so clean !!:happy::happy::kiss:

johnnycb09 and cxgirl like this.
  18. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks komokwa:) Yes, the ashtrays were in excellent condition, could be used for keys/coins or whatever I guess

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  19. evelyb30

I have an ashtray with jewelry sitting in it, and people are using ash trays again in places that have decriminalized. And Moorcroft? No-brainer. The TG Green bowl wouldn't show up here, so at that price I'd take it home too as long as it wasn't cracked.

johnnycb09 and RachelW like this.
  20. RachelW

Other than that one chip its in perfect condition. Quite the find really, of course haphazardly stuck up on a shelf with other crocks. I don't do much baking but I'll keep it around for the occasional goodie. Its very pituresque and will look great in my eventual Cote d'Azur apartement kitchen!

mirana likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted