Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Ooooh, that chair! Nuthin' like that this side of the pond. At least not where I'd find it.

Linda

2. vintagerobin

vintagerobin Well-Known Member

I bought a shelf lot at auction last week (first picture). I bought it because of the stick leg animals, miniatures, and model train things in the front. I figured there wouldn't be any good jewelry in a lot like that. But I found the sterling shown in the second picture plus the 10k gold necklace that looks like tourmaline. A pleasant surprise.

kuuWY_mxWVyxOJ_QqvnhgdTR.jpeg 100_4891.JPG

Aquitaine, Marko, bercrystal and 7 others like this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Yes. Her stuff is very rare now. I was astonished to find them at the Discovery Shop as if they were any old pieces.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Some great finds as usual. These arent old but terribly decorative,and at $5 each I aint kvetching!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The mirror is from Bombay and Co,solid wood and I just love it.
    [​IMG]

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It looks like the lamp base lights up too, for extra Cool points. They used to put nightlight fixtures in the bases.

Aquitaine, bercrystal and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. johnnycb09

It does indeed ! One of the bulbs is out but Im going to fix it.

Aquitaine, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  9. evelyb30

WHen you see a glass base you have to wonder.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Ever since the auction house here had the sales for the lady with a severe shopping problem I have always bought the stuff for resale & sometimes to keep. She loved The Bombay Store which was located at a mall near her. There were countless different styles of jewelry boxes most of which were never used along with tabletop curio cabinets, Christmas ornaments & linen. At one point my dining room table was totally covered in jewelry boxes with some stacked on top of one another.

Even though the stuff was made in China or Taiwan it was always well-made stuff. Their curio display cabinets sell nicely on eBay. I have 2 of the last one shown on the page below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...ombay+curion+display+&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1

kentworld, Aquitaine, Happy! and 5 others like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It wasn't me, I swear it wasn't.:shame::playful:

12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

13. johnnycb09

I loved Bombay and you are right about their quality. In fact my moms doll cabinet is from there ((( shudders)))) ! Like Ethan Allen,you see the name you knew it was quality.

bercrystal and Marko like this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Carlos Lopez & Luisa Blas, San Juan de Oriente, Nicaragua. I found this beauty just loitering around.

IMG_2205.JPG IMG_2209.JPG IMG_2206.JPG

15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, great scores johnny!! I love them both but the mirror is very cool:)

johnnycb09 likes this.
  16. evelyb30

Got up too early to sign in for a crazy estate sale in the next town over. Decided, foolishly, to move my car off of the curb to save the tires. Put the car in neutral without turning the engine over, and my surgical scarring did NOT like it. I'll be paying for that one for a while. That said, I spent $30.

Earlier this week I scored a neodymium glass vase for $10, and the kintsugi bowl for $3. The latter (had to google the right name for the goldwork) is going to church on Sunday and being handed off to a friend. Making the broken into something beautiful is a metaphor too good to pass up. The Mexican cat, as designed by a six year-old, was a buck in the ReStore.

As for today's goodies: the pile was a bundle price. Orrefors blue bowl/vase, Chinese lacquer peach box, unmarked possible Wedgood basaltware, aluminum and rhinestone necklace and bracelet (no marks but they have to be German), sterling charm bracelet and silver/pearl pin, painted ceramic bracelet and necklace, new moon necklace, and a few other bits. Oh yes. Not pictured, but a round Waterford 2001 Times Square Christmas ornament. They had the teapot to go with the FILTHY basaltware pieces, but the handle was completely gone and so was the lid.

My favorite thing was my new hoodie - a UConn Lady Huskies basketball sweatshirt. I'm Class of 88, that puppy is going right into my own closet.

DSCF9544.JPG DSCF9542.JPG DSCF9546.JPG DSCF9547.JPG DSCF9549.JPG

17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Had a fantastic day for finding goodies, best one in a while:) Little Irice/Japan perfume bottle with labels, 3"H, maybe part of a dresser set? 1960s? @bercrystal would you know?
    Nice MCM kettle, started a post about it as I have no idea on where it was made.
    Now the ceramic dragon lid on the cast iron pot - I'm sure they didn't start out life together but they fit and I couldn't leave it behind:) How much fun that would be sitting on a dining table, lol.
    A bunch of Birks sterling flatware, this made my day/week/month:) A 55"H metal rooster that wants to be a weather vane but it missing the wind direction letters - will be good in the garden.
    A Nestles sterling dish and this Marcus Designs made in England 3D Plaque - will have to sell locally as it is very heavy.

Imports - 1 of 3 (1).jpeg Imports - 2 of 3 (1).jpeg Untitled - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg Imports - 1 of 3.jpeg Imports - 3 of 3.jpeg Imports - 1 of 4.jpeg Untitled - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg
    Imports - 3 of 4.jpeg Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg

18. evelyb30

I like the dragon. They didn't start out together but it's a good marriage. Instead of a hen on nest you've got a dragon on its iron throne.

19. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

you did well evelyb30, love the neodymium vase:)

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  20. evelyb30

I had the world's worst photographing it as usual. Tried to get on of it tonight when it was all blue...and the pictures came out purple. Pretty standard for the glass. The good part is this was originally marked $15 and went down to $10 because no one bought it. I didn't think it was alexandrite glass at first because it's so thin. I finally bought it on Wednesday and got the "you're still on that vase kick" stuff from my mother. As long as they keep selling me fancy crystal or art glass for 10 cents on the dollar, I sure am!

DSCF9552.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted