Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well then , BC girl........ Westward Ho. !!!:hilarious:

Lot's o stuff went east to west in the early 1900's...........:woot::woot: ;) :playful::playful::playful:

..... btw...BC is a large province ........ r u near @cxgirl .... on the island.....or the interior......... ( fire season...:eek:)

Do you eat candied salmon....or have any native art ..... or drink Okanagan Pear Cider ????

2. I'm interior, just north of the US border - Kootenays. The island is spectacular though. Our forecast feels particularly ominous lately, I really don't want a summer enveloped in smoke :nailbiting:

Candied salmon is delicious but I can't stand cider lol. Beer is great but I dislike sweet drinks. As for native art, the only pieces I have are from Ontario artists - I'm originally from there but relocated. I much prefer the mountains.

pearlsnblume, all_fakes and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

Stay wet, and stay safe !!!:happy:

the BC / Alberta smoke is already turning my grey moon red at sunset !!

One Planet, y'know !!;)

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi @Boring Mysteries , I'm in BC too, on the Island:) I like your table
    I'm with you there:)

I'm hoping not, but with the weather heating up and little rain I suspect it will be a bad year for fires. Alberta is going crazy with fires right now and it is only the beginning of May

5. komokwa

and I hear talk of another heat wave..........:(:(:(

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. komokwa

have u ever tried the okanagan pear cider...............yum yum !!

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hm, if it gets the Martin Mars flying…….

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It would sure get ME flying; my alcohol tolerance these days is lower than it was when I was about 13. :bucktooth::bucktooth:

9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Was just catching up here. Lots of nice stuff
    A square angel food cake pan is very desirable. A friend on etsy sells them for almost $50

Marko and johnnycb09 like this.
  10. evelyb30

There's a square springform hiding in my basement; is that the one you meant?

Went out at Way Too Darned Early this morning and went to a church sale. It was a fundraiser for a nonprofit a friend started, and the pastor is someone I used to know. Everything wasn't priced, you just collected your pile and chose what to pay. I kicked in $40 for my pile. I ended up with the baby spoons and forks and to salt spoons - all silver. Also a pile of butter knives with sterling handles. Also nabbed some craft supplies. Nothing worth seeing really, but I'll make my money back and cover the gas. Or will once I get some sleep.

11. pearlsnblume

12. evelyb30

AAMOF I think I do have of those! Sure looks familiar.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. pearlsnblume

If you do sell it if you can especially around the holidays.

Marko likes this.
  14. evelyb30

I might just. It's not like I've ever used it.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  15. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Boring Mysteries likes this.
  16. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Found these over the last few days...
    Yall know I love space stuff so it had to come home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And THIS was a no brainer for $6 ! in perfect shape,12x11,cleaned up quite a treat ,No ?
    [​IMG]

17. komokwa

less than a no brainer , even if not made in the Tiffany style...;):happy::happy:

Marko, pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  18. evelyb30

I'd have run off with the Apollo 13 plate too. My dad was one of the engineers working on the space suit, and Royal Copenhagen for a buck? Hard to miss at that point.

19. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I am living vicariously through your finds. I am out-of-work until retirement on June 15 due to a torn meniscus and hip problems, both right side. I have two MRIs scheduled next week, and PT will continue (have done 6 weeks) 4 more weeks. I'd rather be at work then out treasure hunting. Sigh. Don't know how I did any of this, I am told is is from "overuse" and to just "rest." When you do 5,000 to 10,000 steps at work each day, that is impossible. Just getting old.

kentworld, cxgirl, Happy! and 3 others like this.
  20. komokwa

I hope rest is the answer......get well soon !!!!:kiss::kiss:

cxgirl, Houseful, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted