Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Saw this on a local auction site -- never seen one before!

coke spy camera.jpg

Attached Files:

pearlsnblume, Marko, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

leave it to Coke to have put their brand on just about anything...!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Only useful inside Pepsi bottling facilities?

4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I don’t go to the thrifts much anymore because I have way more stuff than I could ever hope to sell in my own lifetime but I did stop in to one today and picked up this nice Roseville pine cone vase. :)

D59C2778-85C5-4B92-853A-22E656DEDFB3.jpeg 1F9657E7-235C-4601-83D0-BD41BBB87B36.jpeg

5. komokwa

you couldn't have left that sitting there anyways.....so...you now have one more thing.. ! :playful::playful:

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I have a pine cone candle holder. (Never mind, you already said it's a vase.)

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Part_6

Leonard Part 6 (also known as Leonard Part VI) is a 1987 American spy parody film. It was directed by Paul Weiland and starred Bill Cosby, who also produced the film and wrote its story. The film also starred Gloria Foster as the villain, and Joe Don Baker. The film was shot in the San Francisco Bay Area. It earned several Golden Raspberry Awards; Cosby himself denounced and disowned it in the press in the weeks leading up to its release.

The film was universally panned by critics and has often been considered to be one of the worst films ever made. It was also a box-office bomb, earning just over $4.6 million on a $24 million budget.

8. evelyb30

Now that you mention it, I almost remember that film. Not that I want to, given what Bill Cosby did, but don't remember much other than having no interest in it. Maybe they should have announced that it was directed by Alan Smithee and someone would watch it now? (a name plastered on things by the under-contract directors of films so bad an artist didn't want his name associated with it.)

9. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Ha! It makes you wonder when you see a really bad film, how could all these people think this was a good idea?

But then again, sometimes it's so very very bad that it's good.

10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Yes, mine is a vase, the pictures didn’t really support that, I suppose! Is your pinecone item in the same color way?

DAFC0837-B645-41B2-8BDF-E7678CA71048.jpeg A3FBCD8A-96CA-4816-A9D7-9B9C5E569EC6.jpeg

11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

No, mine is the blue-green colorway.

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and bluumz like this.
  12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

According to the British Royal Society, this is the earliest known engraving specifically of a squirrel (a French red squirrel), c1760. Image size about 7 1/2" x 6":

1fa.jpg

1fc.jpg

1fb.jpg

Bronwen, Happy!, cartoongirl and 8 others like this.
  13. kentworld

:D :D :D

lloyd249 and komokwa like this.
  14. kentworld

It was in the film?

15. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

kentworld likes this.
  16. evelyb30

All those razzies make me want to see the film; it might fall into the so-bad-it's-funny category. Or accidentally funny. Laugh in the wrong places funny.

Alas probably not.

17. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Camera based on the MINOX, the original spy camera.

Debora

images.jpg

18. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

I found this vintage rhodochrosite bead necklace in the antique mall.....it said "take me home!
    Gold filled clasp. The beads are 11mm. Needs restrung.
    Screenshot_20230301-163159~2.png

19. evelyb30

I'll say it does. Poor thing was screaming "take me home and make me pretty"!

Speaking of things screaming "take me home" I scored some mystery candlesticks. The removable bobeche/protector thingies the same shape as the actual top seem to be silver over copper but very thick silver. I found a chip in the bottom edge of one protector with the copper showing through. The bases show no trace of copper. They acid/scratch test like silver. Finger/tarnish test that way too.

Weirdly, they're filled with what looks like plaster of paris and have very stained felt on the bottom. No marks to be had anywhere. The design looks Georgian-ish, but that means little. Sold to me as who-knows by a jewelry/antique dealer who doesn't always know what he's got.

DSCF9306.JPG DSCF9307.JPG DSCF9308.JPG DSCF9309.JPG

Bronwen, Boland, pearlsnblume and 5 others like this.
  20. komokwa

those are lovely.....:happy:

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted