Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

I did wonder about the origin of the floral beads - Chinese makes sense now you have pointed out the findings, they are pretty but I'm not overly keen on choker style necklaces so I will probably sell them.
    I have a bit of a thing about Czech glass necklaces & have them in lots of colours - I think they look great with a plain white linen shirt in summer.
    The Selini pinks are the least favourite of my haul and I will definitely not be wearing them! Just as well we all like different things!

2. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

Some of the things I recently acquired at auction. In the first picture, the blue glass necklace is Czech. The pin at the top right may be garnets and the cameo pendant has a modern chain. I don't have pictures of the individual items yet but I certainly will be posting some to jewelry for confirmation.

In the second picture, I love the rhinestone bracelet with the leaf shape links covered in rhinestones and also the letter opener (?) with the black bakelite handle. It looks like a miniature pie/cake server.

In the third picture, the compact has a lovely inscription on the back as it was a gift. The rhinestone necklace with the baguette dangles is marked Kramer.

The last three are of a gorgeous jewelry box that looks like a pair of books. Sadly someone added a piece on the side so it could be locked with a padlock. It's ok though because it's staying with me. The embossing on it is just lovely.

Granny's resize 1.jpg

granny's 2 resize.jpg

granny's 3 resize.jpg

Jewelry box resize.jpg

jb 2 resize.jpg

jb2 resize.jpg

3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I love that jewelry box!

pearlsnblume and cxgirl like this.
  4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The little trowel is a bookmark I believe. I have a silver one with a mop handle.

cxgirl likes this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Blast from the past -- Love Story -- Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw. That "LOVE" image was everywhere back then.

pearlsnblume, Van_Poperin and cxgirl like this.
  6. Lizzie

Bookmark makes sense now that you say it, Houseful! Thanks.

Houseful and cxgirl like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume and IvaPan like this.
  8. Lizzie

Thanks Owned. I thought it might have been from India.

pearlsnblume and IvaPan like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That looks like quite an early women's wristwatch. World War I-ish.

Debora

Granny's resize 1.jpeg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. Lizzie

@Debora, I think the watch may be at least WWI. It is attached to a ribbon and unfortunately the back of the casing is missing.

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

There wasn't a mass market for wrist watches -- men's or women's -- until post-World War I.

Debora

12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yup...and below it an old style box cutter, favoured by warehouse workers..

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. Lizzie

@komokwa, that piece has a clip on it so they may have attached to a chain or their belt. Thanks.

14. komokwa

that is not a clip.........:(
    it's housing..
    [​IMG]

all_fakes and kyratango like this.
  15. komokwa

nice USA flag!!!

16. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I like that WWII hat pin too, or what looks like a GI dress uniform hat anyway.

17. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Me too

bluumz likes this.
  18. Lizzie

@komokwa Sorry, I used the word clasp on the knife but it is a bale, I guess. When I first saw it I thought it may have used as a watch fob.

DSCN0784.JPG

komokwa likes this.
  19. komokwa

no worries...I see it clear now...:happy::happy:

20. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Here's something fun: take your normal, boring buttoned shirt and turn it into a classy Southwest statement. Snap-on silver button covers!

E54957E9-7717-4D91-B163-9CA8C67BB5D1.jpeg 60A0A556-71CC-4936-B7EC-39CB42D6BCE6.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted