Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

You know this was die struck and a number of them were made
    P1920045.JPG P1920046.JPG
    Can't find anything similar online

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A Germany Day commemorative, I'd think. (Tag = day in English.) Something similar in Omaha.

Debora

0ndc9d38h9o91.jpg

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks Houseful, I thought Bamboo too:)

I do too pearls:)

Houseful, pearlsnblume and Lucille.b like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Those vases though...whoooey. They definitely work as a pair and if they're export silver you probably got them for pennies.

cxgirl and bercrystal like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those aare little opera glasses, those are.

bercrystal and cxgirl like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks evelyb30:)

thanks bear:) They are little and so cute that I might have to keep them

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Baby Block Baccarat Paperweight $7.50. They got the France but not the Baccarat.

thumbnail_IMG_9443.jpg thumbnail_IMG_9444.jpg

kentworld, Bakersgma and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. evelyb30

Oops! Love it when that happens! At least when I'm doing the finding. Kinda sucks if you're selling.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

They sometimes miss stuff when it isn't something they care about. I buy a lot of good paperweights from them.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

Marko likes this.
  12. KikoBlueEyes

I'm sorry I confused you. :D

13. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Okay, I understand now. :rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm::oops::oops::bag::bag:

I read it to mean they had ID'd it as Baccarat from France but it was actually made by someone else. :p:p

It was definitely not your fault. It was late & I was wiped out from packing & listing most of the day. :confused::confused:

In retrospect, I should have just turned off the computer & gone to bed. :p

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  14. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

Quick post here because I’m trying to get back to posting finds online: first ed Robert Indiana LOVE sculpture, c. 2009. Brushed aluminium, some damage. Paid £1 yesterday in a little Edinburgh charity shop, still trying to decide if I want to eBay it and put the money towards a house :smuggrin::smuggrin:
    2B6A27D7-4BDA-447B-B00E-9075E2F0806D.jpeg 1D562EBA-DABA-4658-BF10-A96C143D46BC.jpeg 26AD8A09-70EE-45A0-80C2-BB29242E0423.jpeg

Marko, Boland, kentworld and 5 others like this.
  15. evelyb30

This sort of thing is produced by art museum gift shops early and often. EBay prices are all over the map.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  16. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  17. evelyb30

It might surprise you; people do crazy things.

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  18. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

A few of my charity shop and flea market necklace finds over the last week. Some glass, some plastic - some old, some new. The pink/purple multistrand necklace came in a bag of mixed jewellery. I noticed the name Selini on the clasp so did a bit of research. I found the same necklace in a couple of different colourways on Etsy & Ebay - 1970s apparently - can't believe the prices on what I see as rather ugly plastic junk jewellery!
    The pretty floral glass bead choker with the faceted glass drop is very heavy - possibly Murano?
    I really like the pale lilac floral one even though it's plastic - just love the colour.
    The green & clear square bead one I will probably re-string, think it's been altered at some time but I just like the shape of the beads. The beads in the gold floral necklace with earrings are glass and quite heavy - not really my style but for £3 I couldn't say no!
    The amber glass cubes are much yellower than they look the photo and glow bright orange under uv light. I will definitely wear them. The clear & black glass beads are nothing special but I will probably wear them too. All in all I'm pleased with my little haul!

20230207_141724.jpg 20230207_141732.jpg 20230207_141551.jpg 20230207_142132.jpg 20230207_142331.jpg 20230207_144036.jpg 20230207_143533.jpg 20230207_143612.jpg 20230207_143654.jpg

19. evelyb30

Sellini is a good name to see. The floral beads have Chinese findings, so I'd guess the beads are Chinese too. The ambers look Czech and the green ones look recent.

Today I went back to that charity thrift literally on the wrong side of the tracks. Bars on the windows, boarded up ones across the street. It's in a soup kitchen, so I figure spending some money there is a good idea. Didn't find a pile, but I do need to get a photo of an orange bracelet I found. Pure plastic but.... Scored a Brighton keychain too and a table runner a friend wants as a sermon illustration.

At the ReStore...I'll have to sell these to another dealer locally. Hopefully on Thursday. Stangel dishes with some serving pieces in the Bella Rose pattern. Paid $20 the lot. Hope to trade them to another dealer for something that weighs a heckuva lot less. The dishes are as Mid-mod pretty as it gets - gray background with roses.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Stangl...Eoo37ufVKUvN-08geyJId6ZOPbDP9xqhoC-JMQAvD_BwE

pearlsnblume and Potteryplease like this.
  20. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Amber beads are classic Czech. I do like those pink plastic ones.

Marko and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted