Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I take heat around here for a lot o' crap .;;.... but this time , I'll own it !!!
    nice pot !

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I've posted it up in the Tribal Art Forum :)

bercrystal, johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Komo's thinking "too bad it's not in the Giveaway forum"!

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

my Puko knife sits with arms reach ....... he can keep the poster..!!!
    Stab, stab , stab.....

aaroncab likes this.
  5. komokwa

meaning I've done just fine on the give away forum...;)

aaroncab likes this.
  6. komokwa

oh, ya....there's a fine camera on my desk in the next room , too...:hilarious::hilarious:

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. komokwa

but u got me thinking......I haven't given away anything worthwhile in a long time........?????:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

8. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

Pleased with my recent jewellery finds at charity shops & a vintage fair. Would anyone be able to identify the conical beads in the first necklace please? I wondered if the green could be jade? The black beads have a soapy sort of feel so I think maybe soapstone? The orange/brown beads have fine black & white veins running through them.
    20220824_171655.jpg 20220824_172319.jpg 20220824_172300.jpg 20220824_173022.jpg 20220824_172609.jpg

9. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

I found a nice Ceres cameo at a local antique mall.
    Too bad her original gold frame was likely scrapped.
    I will create a sterling bezel to wear her as a pendant.
    IMG_20220823_205138147~2.jpg

10. evelyb30

The multicolor necklace looks like assorted jaspers and dyed aventurine.

11. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

While kayaking this morn I found this weird small hoof along the messasloppy river
    [​IMG]
    Paddling a kayak is much more difficult than a canoe

Guess I gotta go back and pick up this fossil bison tooth tomorrow

Boland, cxgirl, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
  12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thats wild Terry ! very cool.

Boland, cxgirl and bercrystal like this.
  13. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

Thank you so much - I googled jasper & aventurine and that is exactly what my beads are! Still not sure what the black ones are though - they have a totally different feel to them.

bercrystal likes this.
  14. evelyb30

They might be glass; the other beads aren't expensive stones and mixing glass in wouldn't be unheard of.

15. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I had a bit of a Czech filigree perfume bottle run over the last couple of weeks. :happy::happy:

The one on the right with the green dangles was purchased from @drg642 & it joins one of its cousins that was purchased off eBay last year. :happy::happy:
    [​IMG]

This one was posted on the forum by @cxgirl seeking my help. I decided to help her out by taking it off her hands. ;):playful::playful: :smuggrin:
    [​IMG]

This last one is missing a stone at the top right but I will eventually find one to fit the spot. It is unusual because the metal frame totally encompasses the bottle. I have one of its cousins done in dark blue stones & pearls. :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you to both @drg642 & @cxgirl for expanding my collection!!! :happy::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Lucille.b, Boland, Marko and 9 others like this.
  16. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Needed to run an errand to a town that has a thrift that doesn't make jewelry mistakes....except this one. Not the greatest piece, but 14k emerald and white sapphire bracelet for $5.
    20220826_123557.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  17. evelyb30

YAY! NICE! My mistake of today was going to a tag sale 20+ minutes away at wayyy too early o'clock and spending ... $3. The gas cost more. Supposed to be an estate tag sale and it was just a tag sale. No old stuff.

Boland and Marko like this.
  18. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I am waiting for Labor Day weekend....lots of yard sales and an outdoor show on one of my circuits.

19. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol, looks much better at your place than sitting on my dining room table:) Thanks for taking it off my hands:)

Lucille.b and bercrystal like this.
  20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, very nice mistake Marko:)

Boland and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted