Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I would have had a terrible time waiting for this "little" gem to make its way out of the cart. ;):p:rolleyes: :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: :D:D:D

I think I have only had 2 pieces since I learned about them on the old eBay boards. :p:(

This one just sold for $163.99 3 days ago. I will lay odds that was just a bit more than you paid for the piece. ;):playful::playful:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165287574607?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

There are two necklaces in the second one! I buy ones like that and strip them down for the beads. New glass beads are really expensive. Honora are usually nice quality from the ones I’ve seen.

cxgirl, bercrystal and Ownedbybear like this.
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Sometimes timing is everything! If luck is on your side they bring out the new stuff when you are there.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to wonder how something lasted long enough for you to find it, and sometimes they bring it out and waggle it in front of your nose. I got an engraved glass vase today of no great whoop, but it has a weighted sterling base and I'm guesstimating it's a foot tall. 3USD. Even the weighted tat is worth that much.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've a little Palatnik cat. Himself bought it new for me years ago in the duty free shop in Luxembourg airport.

The Honora is pearls, aquamarine chips and turquoise. A keeper, obvs.

Born2it, Lucille.b, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, that is a tall one, great score Lucille:)

7. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

9F1C8FC8-1074-43B8-8F59-E82FDDA403F0.jpeg F977AD06-56C2-41C3-AE2F-4C1FC50BF66D.jpeg 014CCB39-980F-4E7A-9D62-107EF6F229C8.jpeg Didn’t have a lot of time lately to go ‘treasure hunting’ but found this boxed KPM vase today for about $5. Looks to be good quality and correctly marked. Don’t think it’s a reproduction but it might be KPM-Japan (well I think) All and all not very exciting but a good price.

Bronwen, Marko, Potteryplease and 7 others like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

10 min dive into a charity shop during lunch break.
    Brass & copper torque necklace by Grange Celtic Jewellery (ID courtesy of Google Lens!)
    Unbranded leopard or panther diamanté brooch.
    F8666425-E137-4D7C-8485-BD2CC2C4DA47.jpeg CC0D4D76-32D6-4FCA-A22A-1CB7E39FFA51.jpeg 602C9DC8-CABC-412C-B9C8-57635571ED45.jpeg C321DB5D-748A-4E47-9806-4FF45BD3D337.png

johnnycb09, Born2it, Bronwen and 7 others like this.
  9. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

That’s good going for 10min..

bercrystal and KSW like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I work at speed!

Potteryplease, bercrystal and Boland like this.
  11. evelyb30

Pretty good for ten minutes.

I hit three stores today, including the consigment store. Dropped stuff off there but didn't buy anything. The antique store either. I did get an alligator clutch, marked made in Havana Cuba, for $3 and two teeny pair of gold studs (one diamond one ruby) with pearl enhancers for $10. Nothing worth seeing really, but the price was right.

Born2it, Marko, Boland and 2 others like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Ruth good you found some stuff on your b-day.
    Are you allowed to sell Cuban stuff on ebay? They won't let us sell anything with Cuba in the title or listing on etsy.

Speaking of etsy, they just announced a new transaction rate increase as of April that goes up by 30%, Gotta satisfy the stockholders.

KSW likes this.
  13. evelyb30

Nope, but it's going local. As far as I know you still can't sell anything on eBay that mentions Cuba. Cuba Gooding Jr movies might be OK, but knowing bots I'm not sure I'd risk it.

KSW, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. Jon L

Jon L Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. I have a 1950s wooden cigar box from Cuba that I store coin cleaning supplies in. Fleabay and etsy would nix my listing if I tried to sell the box? Not that I'm going to sell it but that's absurd. Does possession mean I'm guilty of owning illicit international contraband bordering on cultural artifact trafficking with obvious intent of high finance money laundering?

15. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I can't speak about ebay, but etsy uses bots to pull listings with words they consider bad.

For instance, they recently pulled listings with the word amber in them. Why you ask? Because there was a story about a toddler who swallowed amber bits from something and either passed on or got sick. So, they decided to have the bots pull many amber listings. If a seller had an amber colored tablecloth, they could have the listing pulled and perhaps be on the etsy bad list. This is what happens when they use bots and poor judgement.

As to the Cuba thing, it is because of the embargo from what I understand. So you can not put Cuba in the title or anywhere in the listing. Plus they have no warning on many listings so if you make an innocent mistake, they can suspend the shop.

Yup, and there are many other no no's.

However if you want to list doritos which is not a supply or vintage or craft you are most welcome to break the rules.

KSW likes this.
  16. evelyb30

A painting of a Havan Brown cat might be trouble too. A Havanese dog would be safe...I think. I got away with some pre-Embargo items on eBoo years ago. Wouldn't try it now.

KSW and pearlsnblume like this.
  17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u play on their site , u play by their rules...

18. evelyb30

Speaking of things I wouldn't try now, this is that alligator clutch I found yesterday. The cat pins are things I bought to sell but decided they're my birthday presents. The one on the right is a Two Fish piece and the other is Chinese enamel on probable silver. It was too goofy to pass up.

DSCF7769.JPG

19. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've got that Fish Enterprises cat.

KSW likes this.
  20. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

They do some lovely enamel pieces. I was a bit dismissive of them to begin with but I pick them up now if I see them.

Draft saved Draft deleted