Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Marco's dead white Barbie tells me why G-d didn't give me dark hair.(LOL) In the Winter I can hide in a stack of printer paper. Welcome back, BTW!

KSW and bercrystal like this.
  2. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

KSW and bercrystal like this.
  3. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Thank you!

KSW likes this.
  4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Thank you!

KSW and komokwa like this.
  5. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Glad you're doing better, Marko and what gorgeous dollies. I LOVE America Girls. xx

Marko, komokwa and KSW like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I love your double front Triang, @KSW

7. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I love your TriAng too, lovely K...I have my Mum's and a manky ole one I use as a shelf, yours is much nicer than mine xxx

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Good to hear you’re on the mend @Marko. I’ve had a vitrectomy and a cataract operation too. Amazing what the surgeons can do.

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Stopped at an estate sale on the way home from a doctor appt and immediately wish I had stopped BEFORE I went to that damn doctor. Guy had a box of stuff sitting there and I just know I spotted some sterling,as well as a bag of jewelry and a few other things as well. I heard the lady tell him "$25 for all" ! Thems the breaks! Anyhoo,I did find these two little pieces for .25 each so I bought them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. evelyb30

I recognize the birdies; i have the same pin in the hoarde somewhere. Today I got to an estate sale an hour after it opened and all of the jewelry was still sitting there. It was by box lot, so I don't really know what I've got and won't until I dig.
    Don't I wish I'd been the guy getting all the silver for $25.(LOL) For that matter don't we all, unless we did.

Aquitaine, Boland, Houseful and 4 others like this.
  11. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Neat birdies pin.

Aquitaine and johnnycb09 like this.
  12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It was a huge box too. I saw some paperweights and other glass in there that looked very interesting. All their prices were $1-$2-$3 . I try to be happy for someone who scores,but I confess I felt a pang of envy!

13. evelyb30

The buyer was probably laughing and doing a happy dance in his/her car seat all the way home.

Aquitaine, Boland, Born2it and 3 others like this.
  14. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

I bid on an auction lot and won a small group of Peruvian pottery. There was only one picture, but I thought I recognized something in the corner of the box. Turns out I was right: a very collectible turtle signed by Margaret and Luther Gutierrez of Santa Clara Pueblo. A good buy for $15, plus the 5 pieces of Peruvian pottery too.

It's not my personal style, but it'll pay for all my other purchases at the auction. That's the goal, right?!?

155252BC-EA26-4EB6-A9E2-7D30FD7CD2B1.jpeg

15. Potteryplease

I also got this guy, which I thought was also striking:

799B8554-9363-45EB-949A-F2C0C5AE16A3.jpeg

16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

neat....the gals should like that !

pearlsnblume and Potteryplease like this.
  17. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

This gal covets the turtle & is totally envious of the price. Don't you think she would be happier if she came to live with others?

Margaret Gutierrez Turtles

18. Potteryplease

Happier indeed! What's a whole group of turtles called?

bercrystal, pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  19. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

20. Potteryplease

And since we're sharing, these are my favorite SW Pueblo animals:

6BA6D688-B6BD-49E7-A314-16AD5F3146FE.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted