Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

The design is the finial from their 'Romance of the Sea' pattern, introduced in 1950.

~Cheryl

Marko and bercrystal like this.
  2. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

69C9049F-18EF-4088-9506-61964C6D535A.jpeg 7FCB043C-7EF9-4B3F-B2B6-365E3723CD85.jpeg Not terribly exciting I know... Got this little bottle recently (got it very cheap and just for interest sake) Looks authentic to me and from the 1880’s or so. It is 19cm in length. Is it from a handblown mold then? So no moldlines visible means not machine made?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks legit. Blob top? I've seen that term somewhere.

Bronwen and Boland like this.
  4. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. You are correct. I only searched the term Blob top now,after you mentioned it. So full description seems to be:Torpedo Hamilton soda bottle with blob top..

5. evelyb30

6. evelyb30

Went to that charity thrift where I hit the jackpot last week. Not so much Jack as Pot this week, but I did find a sterling flip bracelet (with a piece of a Mexican mark...I think) and Frank Lloyd Wright scarf for $8 each. The bracelet is bezel set with two different stones back to back. Flip the change the color of the bracelet. Then I went to an antique store where the owner knows less than she thinks about some things. Picked up a signed Simon Pearce bowl, a Quimper plate, and a pair of Holt Howard early 60s vintage cat salt and peppers. Plus a crow necklace (British no less) for $21 including tax. The crow isn't pictured and is probably going to a cousin who got married in a Wiccan ceremony. (long story) The scarf is headed to eBoo and the other bits to another dealer.

DSCF7017.JPG DSCF7018.JPG

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I wanna live where you live.

Debora

KSW, Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. evelyb30

Other weeks I hit dry wells, but this week was OK.

KSW, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Those HH shakers are adorable.

KSW and komokwa like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

"OK" ?!

Debora

KSW likes this.
  11. evelyb30

After last week, just OK. Next week, it'll look pretty darned spectacular!

KSW likes this.
  12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Just caught up on all the finds. Well done all ! A few finds,havent been getting out as much .Speaking of gorgeous but useless,a set of 6 plates without a nick or scratch on them. I told myself "NO" but here they sit !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    small weighted and beat to hell compote,scrap but for $1 why not.
    [​IMG]
    tiny Guerlain perfume bottle,acid marked on bottom .
    [​IMG]
    sterling butter knife,if Ive posted it before forgive me.
    [​IMG]

13. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice. I have to catch up on this thread too.

KSW and johnnycb09 like this.
  14. evelyb30

It's bad when a non-china person like me could look at those plates and know they were German without seeing the backs. And how do you turn down a good $20 in scrap for a buck?

KSW, johnnycb09 and bercrystal like this.
  15. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Very nice plates, I've always called the pattern Dresden Flowers. Very desirable pattern for resale. I seldom ship china anymore, but this pattern is always an easy sell locally.

bercrystal and johnnycb09 like this.
  16. evelyb30

A few things from this weekend. The Jackstraws game box still contains most of the game and says Made in Bavaria. The box design looks like 1870-something but has to be earlier. The egg plate is signed Quimper (oops!) The necklace is camphor glass in a sterling setting. I think it's actually cut to clear and then the clear part was etched. I paid $2 for mine and found one with the same glass but a less nice setting on eBay for $100. Looks like I did OK.
    DSCF7029.JPG DSCF7032.JPG

17. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Lovely necklace.

18. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

According to the book 'Southwestern Pottery,' "back in the 1960s, every coffee table had a Ronson table lighter, and one in San Ildefonso blackware would have been a gracious, exceptionally stylish touch."

I found just such a one, signed Blue Corn (Crucita Calabaza (1921-1999). $1.

5C2AE4E5-F214-48CC-981E-713FE377519A.jpeg

19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice find !!!!!:woot:

Marko, pearlsnblume and Potteryplease like this.
  20. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

3D9E7F80-C333-4B1B-9998-2678A10D0B33.jpeg Found this very cool Shona (Zimbabwe) soapstone statue depicting a pipe smoker. Stands 41cm tall. Paid the equivalent of almost $6.

Draft saved Draft deleted