Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Ownedbybear likes this.
  2. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

20210807_130144.jpg The town-wide yard sale was a complete bust....lots of baby clothes, new books, made in China porcelain dolls, and dollar store glassware. Stopped at a little flea market up the road and found some goodies.
    These are "natural material." Lady said she had to get $8 for the bracelet and $3 for th3 necklace and said they were lucite pieces.
    20210807_124111.jpg 20210807_124311.jpg
    Jewelry on the plate, the hoops appear to be unmarked sterling with marcasite, $1. Red and green stone earrings were pricey at $5 a pair, but I will wear them, probably one red, one green at Christmas. Freshwater pearls, $3. Cuffs a dollar each for a friend.
    I posted the $5 bead necklace on the jewelry thread. 20210807_124511.jpg
    20210807_124551.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Uhmmmm...glorp! Japanese frit glass beads? I'd have run off with those too!

I didn't think it was that old at first, but the thing is either did the thrift store!

We had similar ones here. Ours had red paint and often had names engraved into it along with a location.

kyratango and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. evelyb30

Took a photo of part of yesterday's OMGosh haul, most of which is going locally. Now I have to resize and upload. Got a bit today too including my sister and Bil's Christmas present, or one of them. 19th century hand-painted Italian inkwell. No chips.

5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Hope there are jewels in there. Now I have something to google- Japanese frit beads. I was so excited I forgot to grab a multi-strand rice pearl necklace.

6. evelyb30

I found two beads like yours on a Pinterest board; they were being sold in pairs, and you got the whole necklace!

7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Do you have a link for reference?

8. evelyb30

OK. This wasn't everything. A lot of this will go locally. I was unpacking today and realized I scored not three gold bracelets, but FOUR. One was only half-glimpsed in one of those satin zipper bag thingies under the millefiori beads, but I didn't dare mention it at the time. The estate company either put it there or didn't look in the bag.

Their big whoopsie though was the dessert fork in the center of the image. It was in bag with 11 or so more that are identical, and one stainless steel junky one. I think they thought they were International Silver like everything else on the table. Nope. American Sterling. About 1.5 avoirdupois POUNDS worth. And there were only maybe 12 of us lined up to get in the door. I took a while at the jewelry table picking up Chinese beads, coral, semi-precious beads with gold findings, sterling pieces etc. The bag of forks was sitting smack out in the open on the dining room table. (There was a cheese knife with a sterling handle too - got that today as throw-in!)

Then I went into the basement and found a velvet bracelet box on the shelf. Opened it up to see a 14k mark. Snapped it shut FAST and shoved it in my bag along with two other personalized bracelets, one gold and one silver. The company totally missed them, probably because they were in with the kid stuff and a sterling baby rattle that also went into my bag. The crazy thing is everyone else missed them too!
    DSCF6726.JPG DSCF6727.JPG DSCF6728.JPG

9. evelyb30

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Nice to see the close ups of the Northern Lights fork. Looks like salad or cake size.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  11. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

Never got one that big. Bought on FB Market, no measurements and a bad picture, but very pleased when it was handed over...! RIMG9060 (2).JPG

12. kristiaan

Here compared to usual measurements; RIMG9064 (2).JPG

13. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

My partner always admires these at markets, I don’t think I’d realised they were seriously collectible! Thanks for showing :)

14. kristiaan

They are.
    I am narrowing down to WWII German planes, now.
    Some where used as didactic material,by military personnel in order to reconize foreign and own airplanes.

15. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Congratulations! That looks like the score of the summer!!!!

Aquitaine and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  16. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

kyratango and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  17. evelyb30

Exactly. Possibly one reason the company completely missed it. That and they're marked in a weird place for this brand and unless your eyes work up close for fine print you wouldn't see the mark. Being nearsighted has its uses.

Americans handed out decks of playing cards with the planes on the back, among other things. I like the models better.

The estate sale find for sure! I usually hit one serious lick. This year there were zero good rummage sales after last year's zero good rummage sales, but G-d is good and dumps something into my lap every so often.

18. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, people are getting some great finds here! Fantastic!

Just posting these because they are such an unusual set. (A few on Ebay, so you can get them, but I've never seen them before. ) From a recent estate.

They came in this box. I have 10 cards, originally there would have been 16.

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box2b.jpg

The envelopes are not in great shape, but the cards are pristine.

Inside colorful as well, all with a Christmas wish/theme from the cartoon on the front.

box3c.jpg

boxnewuse1.jpg

19. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

I've been looking for a nice Redwing Crock to add to my collection for several years and was finally able to check that box today for a fairly reasonable price point. Wish I could have gotten the 20 gallon I saw sell for a screaming bargain but I don't think I could have gotten it to the car and definitely don't have the room for it. Better just to be happy with my 5 gallon new addition.

Crock Redwing 5 Gallon w Handles.jpg

20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, great find kristiaan:)

LauraGarnet02 and kristiaan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted