Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Amanda Robertson

Amanda Robertson New Member

I live in Rock Hill, but worked and lived in Charleston for 9 months on temp assignment.

2. Amanda Robertson

Agree. Any idea about the chair otherwise? Mahogany?

3. Amanda Robertson

Charles Eastlake perhaps?

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@johnnycb09 - Your milk glass piece is likely a candy dish. It appears to be part of the Charleton Line & was decorated by Abels, Wasserberg & Co.

Well, welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy::happy:

johnnycb09 and Amanda Robertson like this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much ! That is awesome,I bought it mainly because its so pretty !

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  6. bercrystal

I tried to figure out who made the candy dish, but was unsuccessful.

7. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Johnnycb, I believe your candy dish is Westmoreland glass. I didn't see your exact piece, but if you do a search of "westmoreland hand painted milk glass" you will see quite a few similar.

bercrystal likes this.
  8. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

$3.00 for a gallon bag
    junk 001.JPG
    Appears well picked through. Found about 5 grams of gold filled. junk 002.JPG junk 003.JPG
    This seal fob is not engraved. I think I got my money back.

kentworld, cxgirl, Joe2007 and 3 others like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That ought to do it! What's the watch with the yellow face? And check out the quartz watch too; some of the old ones are starting to inch up there. For three bucks I'd have thrown down on that too!

10. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

11. evelyb30

Oh well. To the scrap pile with it.

12. bercrystal

13. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

I bought a bag of jewelry from a little thrift shop on a hunch that there was gold inside.
    Indeed there was!
    All the earrings total 7.25 grams of 14k.
    The chain is a substantial 15.64 grams of 18k. 27 inches (68.5 cm)
    It is missing the clasp, but I can fix that easily. I acid tested all of it to be sure.
    IMG_20200821_163121.jpg IMG_20200821_151516.jpg IMG_20200821_155745870.jpg IMG_20200821_151458.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I wanna shop where U shop !!! :bigtears::woot::woot:

kyratango, aaroncab and stracci like this.
  15. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

I prefer the super junky thrift shops, where they don't know what the numbers 925 and 750 mean!

16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2020-8-22_12-55-23.jpeg

@808 raver should know about this.......

BMRT, kyratango, kristiaan and 3 others like this.
  17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

geez, I forgot about this, will have to find it and post some photos. I'm not sure what it is made of, maybe ivory. thanks for bumping this up komokwa:)

18. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

St Clair glass Sitting Bull paperweight... the only thing worth picking up in 2 thrifts today...99c.

20200822_151843.jpg

johnnycb09, Marko, quirkygirl and 5 others like this.
  19. evelyb30

Nice! I went to some tag sales today, a charity thrift, and a resale/consignment store. I have to wait for the stuff to "cool off" before photographing anything, but three of four purses I found didn't make it home - straight to consignment. Gotta love when that happens!

aaroncab likes this.
  20. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

This weekends estate auction fun! Was a bit concerned seeing a bunch of reproductions up on eBay but I believe that mine is the real deal after comparing a few listings. It has a small chip on the lid but a lot of these store jars do after heavy use in their lifetimes. Never knew how collectable Planter's advertising pieces were. I guess you learn something new everyday.
    Advertising Large General Store Planters Peaunuts Jar 01.jpg Advertising Large General Store Planters Peaunuts Jar 02.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted