Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Score! That curio box is looking for lots of little pretties.

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I want that curio cabinet!

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Bronwen, Lucille.b and BMRT like this.
  4. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

I’m going to give them a light polish and look at the other bottoms. They all have the same mark but perhaps another one has it in a clearer way.

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@BMRT - I buy those curios anytime I come across one & it is priced well. They sell extremely well on eBay. :D:D

I have 7 of them myself that hold my purse / travel perfume bottles that are small so they would get lost in a large piece of furniture. The best one is a 5 shelf one that is over 2' tall that I got as part of a group of 5 or 6 at the auction for about $30. I had to replace the piece of glass at the top which is why no one else wanted them. :p:p I ended up selling the rest of them for about 3 times what I paid. :smug::smug:

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

have 3 of them....used for my lighter collection.....but then the love of my life...took them over for her mini perfume bottle collection.......ahh love !!
    I bought them retail in the swanky part of town in the 90's...or 80's :confused:....and must have paid $ 50 to 70 each....

kyratango, Bronwen, Lucille.b and 4 others like this.
  7. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Went to a thrift store, used book store, and then the local coin shop today. I like the coin dealer but his pricing is higher than the competition so I have to look closely to find a deal and have to pass on a lot of stuff. The thrift store's pricing is troubling too and their isn't much quality either. Just go there to be entertained at the absurd pricing of items I guess.

The Marcrest pitcher was made by Hull Pottery I believe. Not a huge score in this down market for all things pottery. Paid $3.

On the coins the Morgan Dollar was $20. Peace dollar $18 each. And the junk silver was 13x face.

Hull Marcrest Pitcher 1.jpg Hull Marcrest Pitcher 2.jpg junk silver 01.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Small find from recent estate sale, I just love vintage enamel displays. At first I thought might be by Norman Brumm, but bottom had a "Bovano" label. (Nearly as good, not complaining!) It fits perfectly in a spot in my living room.

abov2.jpg abov3.jpg

9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I have 3, small, lovely Bovano bird wall hangings - gave them to my Aunt years ago for Xmas & inherited them when she passed away. Cheerful & sweet they are.

Love your plant!

Aquitaine, komokwa, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  10. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Why oh why could I not resist these for 3 euros?[​IMG]

11. popsycat

First vide grenier of the year and I buy these. It turns out, the very pretty girl who sold them bought them for her wedding and only wore them once. I would be like one of the ugly sisters if I tried to squeeze one on (an impossibility) It is really unusual for me to but something like these shoes, but they are so over the top, I loved them. She showed us a wedding photo. She wore a long white dress. You would never guess at the spikey shoes hiding underneath.I felt strangely compelled to buy them.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

My lovely god daughter wore white embellished wellies to her very country wedding. The going away transport was a steam tractor: her husband collects them. Her father owns a fire engine. ;)

Aquitaine, komokwa, popsycat and 5 others like this.
  13. bercrystal

My feet & legs are hurting just looking at them!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::eek::eek::eek::p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D

14. popsycat

You should see my feet next to them.

15. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I have a Thing for evening bags. Four quid, probably 1930s.

M76C.jpg M76B.jpg M76A.jpg

anundverkaufen, Bronwen, BMRT and 6 others like this.
  16. popsycat

17. komokwa

Why!
    cuz they're special.....& don't look cheap.....heck, I would have bought them just for the art value !!!
    How ' could ' u pass them up ???

18. popsycat

I WILL go to the ball. Prince Charming Will marry me!!!![​IMG]

19. bercrystal

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Aquitaine, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  20. komokwa

Those are really self defense stilettos !!!!!:oops::oops::eek::eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted