Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It is, but hopeful sellers routinely mistake it for hardstone. It is interesting to see one in a branded piece.

BMRT and kyratango like this.
  2. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

i found this 1963 431 page gun catalog on old guns and historical firearms bet rick from pawn stars would want this little gem DSC00226.JPG DSC00227.JPG DSC00228.JPG DSC00229.JPG DSC00230.JPG DSC00231.JPG DSC00233.JPG DSC00232.JPG DSC00237.JPG DSC00240.JPG

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  3. lloyd249

Marko likes this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

lloyd249 likes this.
  5. lloyd249

6. lloyd249

i can give it out as a free gift on one of my gun scope or gun cleaning kit orders on kijiji or ebay , it has value to someone .or sell it for $12 and $27.50 flat rate postage , and still make a few bucks on it hehe it's the Ebay way nowadays

anundverkaufen likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

@KikoBlueEyes - lovely bit of IoW that. The other multi coloured one is a modern Chinese one, but they weren't cheap.

Charity shop had this as Scottish jewellery. It is not.

M58B.jpg M58A.jpg

8. Ownedbybear

Same charity shop had these:

M60E.jpg M59B.jpg M60B.jpg M60D.jpg M60C.jpg M60A.jpg M59A.jpg

9. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

@Ownedbybear Thanks for the information about the perfume bottles. I love art glass and am so excited about having something from the Isle of Wight.

komokwa and lloyd249 like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Those are very collectable. Michael Harris also founded Mdina and Kerry Glass as well as IoW Glass. I think they're lovely.

komokwa, lloyd249 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I’ll have to read up so
    I know what to look for. Thank you very much. :kiss:

lloyd249 and komokwa like this.
  12. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

13. Ownedbybear

Yup! I could see the Chester hallmark, too. 1912.

14. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the hoard, I have a flyer from Charles horner from about that era. It lists the wholesale prices. A lot of the brooches and hatpins were sold by the dozen. I can't remember the prices but it was under 30s for a dozen hatpins or even under a pound.

kyratango, lloyd249 and komokwa like this.
  15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Bazinga! Is the ID bracelet from Rochdale, Massachusetts or the UK? That "Silver" mark would make me wonder.

lloyd249 likes this.
  16. evelyb30

Spent $54 at a charity thrift today. The photo is low light and blurry, but.... Whiting and Davis black enamel evening bag, brass and glass made to look like Austro-Hungarian garnets, toggle heart sterling necklace, Weiss by D&E earrings, Milor silver and good question dangle bracelet, sterling bead bracelet and 14k white gold pendant. And a mock turtleneck, plain white. I didn't bother shooting the mockneck. The toggle necklace cost about $60 of the current metal value.
    DSCF3275.JPG DSCF3276.JPG DSCF3272.JPG

17. evelyb30

For Bear and the other Brits, I found a Huntley & Palmers biscuit tin the other day. It's pretty recent, but I've never seen one before, and it came with a Cote D'Or chocolate box for fifty cents. Kind of hard to miss!

KSW, Bronwen and lloyd249 like this.
  18. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

30 Phyllis Street is in Manchester, UK.

Debora

Bronwen and lloyd249 like this.
  19. Ownedbybear

Rochdale isn't Manchester, it's a separate town with a non Manchester postcode and its own council. The confusion arises because it's part of an administrative COUNTY called Greater Manchester, once Lancashire. I used to sell IT to a whole bunch of the councils clustered round there.

Ruth, it's a WW2 id bracelet, so if you got dug out from under bomb rubble, they knew who you were.

Aquitaine, kyratango, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  20. evelyb30

They had them here too, hence the confusion. Civilian dog tags.

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted