Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Watrous Sterling Silver. 1910. Dorchester, Old. Designer: Edward J. Conroy. I don't know what kind of spoon it is though.

IMG_5306.jpg IMG_5299.JPG IMG_5305.JPG

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i'd say sugar spoon...

lloyd249 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

I'll have to look that up then. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    lloyd249 likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i've never seen jade look like that..............wow!

Aquitaine, Bronwen and stracci like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

What a haul! Love the hatpin holder, even if it is a repro. The shell cameo looks like quite a nice one. White gold? To be clear, the black & white cameo is in a setting marked as Coro? Identifying the maker of these & certain other cameos is an Ahabian pursuit for me. Usually see them in settings that give no clue at all to maker. Don't think it was Coro; they just bought them as a component. These sell really well, even when IDed correctly as resin.

6. Bronwen

I always hate saying what something is not when I can't say what it is, but pretty sure your lovely, luminous cups are not any type of jade. Jade is valued not just for its color but for its hardness & durability. Its internal structure makes it very resistant to cracking & chipping. The close up pic shows fine cracks & a more crystalline structure. I would guess these are one or other of the stones casually known as alabaster.

Aquitaine, stracci, lloyd249 and 2 others like this.
  7. Bronwen

Surprised I missed them. They would make for an interesting collection.

lloyd249 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  8. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Also preserve or jam spoon.

lloyd249, KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  9. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

hello everybody and good morning or afternoon (depending where you are lol) , so i'm thinking about hiring van weyenbergh fine arts ,to help me with the chair , he seems enthusiastic about it , anyone have any info on him , all i can find is him bragging himself up , which they all do hehehe any info could help me make a decision .

10. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

i wonder if my cousin gina (Gina by the sea or shore) knows him i should ask her lol

11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

@KikoBlueEyes Measure the length of your spoon by laying it face down on a ruler or measuring tape. Even eighths of an inch can make a difference.

12. KikoBlueEyes

I just saw three on the web; two of them indicating the 70's. Now this must just be apocryphal as much sellers' information is, but I saw no marketing reason for this dating.

Bronwen likes this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you for this. I was excited about its age, but always like to know as much as I can about something. My spooner is now overflowing, so I have to do some sorting, and perhaps re-donating. (Or maybe just get another spooner.)

kyratango likes this.
  14. popsycat

3.5 inches tall but one thing makes it interesting.[​IMG]

15. popsycat

16. popsycat

Had to buy these.Description to follow.[​IMG]

17. KikoBlueEyes

And that is?

lloyd249 likes this.
  18. popsycat

19. popsycat

Young man cleared grannies house. Would not haggle on price 30euros, but I knew I would not walk away from them. The paper label says ... P.L. Bouclet Billard Orleans. No 11040 13f. Impressed on the sole is Exposition Universelle de Paris 1867. F. Pinet. Bronze. Breveté. S.G.D.G. F. Pinet Paris. The firm is still in business.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  20. KikoBlueEyes

Aha! So this is how you determine the purpose. Thank you. (I sure would like the US to convert to the metric system, but I would say this is 5 5/8 inches.

IMG_5307.jpg

komokwa, lloyd249 and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted