Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

sadek cake stand (640x629).jpg
    I am way behind in my photographing. It is kind of the off season here for finds, but here are a few from the past couple of weeks.

I bought this Sadek cake stand for my personal use, my kitchen is baby blue and baby pink- does anyone know this pattern?
    View attachment 227052
    One of my thrift shops blows out all of their merchandise in January at half-price. I got some lovely perfume samples and small. Jo Malone in a small bottle, plus a pear scent sample, and I got a discontinued Origins fragrance perfume and shower gel, Forever Spring, for $3, not used (this stuff does well online.) The D & G fragrances I researched and found that they were part of a 5 bottle Tarot collection. I did order a large bottle of Le'Imperatrice from ebay I liked it sooooo much.
    Perfume Lot 1 (640x360).jpg
    This pheasant brooch went to a crazy friend
    pheasant brooch (474x640).jpg
    I found this little cameo for only $4 from a dealer closing up their booth. I think she is so beautiful. Older c-clasp, unusual back, maybe gold-filled. Who might she be? Age?
    cameo $4 (479x640).jpg
    cameo $4 back (494x640).jpg

KSW, Christmasjoy, AJefferson and 5 others like this.
  2. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

Your so lucky for the scent finds, Marko! Byredo makes some complex and fabulous scents but they are expensive.

I love the cameo, the ones I’ve seen with that little diadem are referred to as Hera. No idea if that’s correct or not but perhaps the cameo cabal on the forums may shine some light? ;)

KSW, Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Too behind posting to ever catch up,but these are my latest "favorites"..
    A pair of Ethan Allen maple side chairs ,Country Crossings collection,perfect condition for less than $10 . Arent they pretty (with new upholstery of course!)
    [​IMG]
    Fifth avenue perfume bottle,I love thw way it looks like a geode. Mother already snatched it up . :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    weighted sterling ,probably scrap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this spoon wich Im going to start a separate thread for..
    [​IMG]

KSW, Christmasjoy, Houseful and 10 others like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very nice chairs, Johnny!

5. johnnycb09

I am in love with them ! Who knew Ethan Allen sells so well ?!?

KSW, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  6. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Nice catches, Johnny!

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Ethan Allen furniture is really good quality, if not always a hot seller. I tell "kids" that second hand wood furniture is environmentally friendly, no new trees cut down, and a lot cheaper than new. It's also a better value than modern flat-pack, because it'll still be around 50 years from now whereas the pressboard will be landfill.

8. johnnycb09

This is the Ethan Allen shaving stand I got at the same store for $5 . I grew up with colonial style and I loathed it,but I just love this stand ! As you can see , its already being put to good use .
    [​IMG]

KSW, Christmasjoy, Marko and 6 others like this.
  9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Lovely, Johnny!

KSW, Christmasjoy and johnnycb09 like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's never been my favorite either, but it's tough stuff. I still have a formica-top wood kitchen table. Not the prettiest thing, but you can put a hot pot right on it and most stuff wipes right off.

KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. Lucille.b

As promised, here are a few finds from the recent antiques/collectibles show I participated in. (Purchased from other sellers.)

First is this unusual bracelet. The glass feature has damage in the back corner, but it was so unique (and the price was right) I didn't hesitate. Plan to ask about this one in jewelry forum tomorrow.

finds1.jpg

Will also ask about this small Japanese pitcher, signed on bottom

finds6.jpg
    Pairpoint pin holder. Just loved the scene on this:

finds9.jpg
    8 tiny (1/2") glass horse buttons:

finds22.jpg
    A group of jewelry, Bakelite buttons, David Andersen earrings, Brutalist pendant, Coro Duette, and interesting scarab shaped necklace -- not old, has some info on reverse ("Solid Bronze" and "T.M.") . Another item for the Jewelry forum.

finds4.jpg

12. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Crab? it's a scarab.

KSW, Christmasjoy and Lucille.b like this.
  13. Lucille.b

Scarab is what I wrote. (See the quoted text).

KSW, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  14. johnnycb09

Those horse buttons are adorable !

15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lots of great goodies Lucille, I love the Pairpoint piece:)

16. Lucille.b

Thanks. These items were from the same seller (not the Japanese piece, though.)

KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  17. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Nice haul, Lucille - well done!

18. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Your horse buttons look as though they are what's called Essex Glass.

19. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The Pairpoint is my fav too!

20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Johnny, I would have scooped up that perfume bottle, too. Lucille, I love that bracelet!!!

KSW, BMRT, johnnycb09 and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted