Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Yesssss... but 1001 is a palindrome...

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

gee this brought back memories of doing this on the PT Sellers Forum.......wow...

Nice whales Aaron !

kyratango and aaroncab like this.
  4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

That is a lucky sign, aaroncab! Keep us posted!!!

kyratango and aaroncab like this.
  5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Earrings 11-8-19 (582x640).jpg I finally was able to get off the couch. I had fallen earlier in the week, PT helped Thursday. And earrings. The pearl screwbacks are 10k and were a dollar. All others $3 a pair. The clovers are 14k, the paste earrings hook in the front and are 12K. I just loved the labrodite and fresh water pearl earrings, keepers. My big $10 find needs to be rephotographed, hope to post later today or tomorrow.

Thrift shop finds for yesterday. Most $3. GF jade/jadeite? lariat necklace. Tests slightly below this on the Presidium. Jade Lariat GF  (640x591).jpg
    Tray of odds and ends. Jade/Jadeite brooch is Krementz. Round bluish earrings are Hoffman sterling with 14k yellow gold backs. Little elephant is onyx, he was $2, everything else was $3. Amber necklace, earrings are by the artisan Steve Stamas, onyx. Do you see a wolf or a coyote?
    Jewelry Lot 11-8-19 (640x640).jpg
    Goldette intaglio necklace, also $3.
    Goldette Intaglio (613x640).jpg
    Ametrine goldwashed 925 ring, most expensive at $15.
    Ametrine Ring 925 GW (640x369).jpg

6. komokwa

the strawberry is so cute !!!:joyful:
    The critters....could be any critters....take yer pick !! ;):):)

7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

8. komokwa

pearlsnblume and Marko like this.
  9. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Not sure about quality,the solder joints are discolored for some reason and the prong settings look like they were made from sheet and misaligned.

10. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Gold oxidizes. I have an 18k apple jade pendant and chain that I bought for $4 at an antique show- it was heavily oxidized, so I guess people, including the dealer, thought it was costume. I have to have it steam cleaned. It is heavy, so I did get my $10 worth. Here is a pearl and pink topaz ring, the stones on this are set like the round stones on my ring. I guess it was a setting type in the 60s. You can also see oxidation on this ring- it is hard to get it off of pearl rings because you don't want to damage the pearls.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-14K...436693?hash=item48c4440255:g:AMcAAOSwuRRcrgYc

Re gold oxidation, oxidation affects the alloy metals: Gold alone or pure gold does not combine easily with oxygen so it stays shiny, it does not rust nor tarnish, again, that is pure gold. ... It is these other base metals alloyed with gold that actually reacts with or to oxygen, sulfur and moisture that eventually tarnish your gold jewelry.

I think the quality in this is better than the quality one would find in most $10 rings. :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    pearlsnblume, BMRT and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. bercrystal

Well here are some quick photos of the jewelry that I bought last week & last night at the auction. Some of the pieces I am going to post for further assistance with more photos in the jewelry thread.

This piece is from last week & broke my streak of 4 weeks with going home with my checkbook intact & a check in my pocket for selling stuff. :wideyed::wideyed:
    Judith Ripka sterling ring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest of the pieces below were part of a box lot.
    Top left 3 pcs. sterling, bottom left 2 pcs. Cameo sterling, middle Meka Denmark sterling & a Rebajes copper pin.
    [​IMG]

3 Weiss Christmas tree pins.
    [​IMG]

Top 6 pins marked Marvella, circle pin is white Scarabs & the bottom 2 are Hattie Carnegie.
    [​IMG]

The one on the right is interesting &is one of the pieces I will be asking for help on, but the other 2 are marked Sherman. :D:D:D:D
    [​IMG]

I did get a little bit more, but the stuff above is definitely the highlights. :D:D:D

12. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

That enamel leaf :hungry::hungry::hungry:

13. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The Christmas trees are so cute!!

14. BMRT

Here’s my tidbits as of late.

4ABED05A-81F7-49CE-8AA9-A71499186AB6.jpeg Blue enamel & sterling necklace.

E83EADC4-7437-40A2-A70E-ECFADCF0ED29.jpeg Cameo in 800 frame, sterling seashell bracelet, sterling etched bangle and 10k chandelier earrings. I’m positive the stones are synthetic however still pretty :)

5D0DA727-F1AE-454C-B291-3B4BC469760B.jpeg Both of these earrings stamped 925

8037E202-88EA-4B37-BD08-853757644D8D.jpeg This box made of heavy glass

3983CC40-DA0E-43E0-BD83-0975EBA6A338.jpeg Silver frames

71500DF8-240F-440C-9680-068FC59CF1E5.jpeg David Andersen salt cellar ship & a teeny enamel salt spoon

227C01B5-3096-4944-A253-3D623D0F5532.jpeg And a set of David Andersen spoons destined for my mother’s house once they get polished up.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  15. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

WOWZER!!!!!

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  16. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I have never seen a religious necklace like this. I love it!

BMRT likes this.
  17. BMRT

Thank you! I hadn’t either, had to have it. The little medallions are double sided and the religious figures are different depending on what side you flip them over to.

18. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The central medallion looks like it came from a rosary. The other medallion is of the type people attach to their rosary, use as a necklace pendant, or pin to children's clothing. The cross could have come from a rosary as well, but not the same rosary as the central medallion.
    Someone put them together as a personalized modern necklace.

Love the gold chandelier earrings and the David Anderson salt cellar and spoon, btw.:)

johnnycb09 and BMRT like this.
  19. bercrystal

My photo of the Sherman pins definitely do not do them justice. The Sherman & the Weiss pins were the main reasons I bought the lot.

pearlsnblume and BMRT like this.
  20. BMRT

That would explain why the chain has a different level of shine & wear as opposed to the silver of the medallions and cross. The white & blue medallion also has the figures in a different art style than the central medallion.

komokwa, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted